This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#63923 December 16th, 2006 at 11:08 PM
OP Offline
Hi I'm Angela and I am new to this forum. I am from Upstate NY, and I am writng about my Aloe plant that I inadvertently left on my indoor porch on a below freezing day. Of course the poor thing froze, and I am concerned that this may kill it. PLEASE tell me there's hope for it! I've had it for about 10 years and it is very big and impressive, although now all of the tips are starting to sag and it's babies have all drooped. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks a lot.

#63924 December 17th, 2006 at 01:53 AM
M
M
If you've had it for 10 years, you know what to do in general. Continue doing it. Cut off the dead to prevent rot. There's no bringing back frostbitten leaves, but if the roots didn't freeze, the plant will survive. Hello and welcome, to you and your plant(s?)!

#63925 December 17th, 2006 at 03:14 AM
OP Offline
Ok, Good. I don't think the roots froze because it wasn't out there long enough. Although I've kept this plant alive for so many years, I've never dealt with freezing it, so I'm kind of unsure as to where to cut it. As far as the big leaves go the damage seems to be on the ends where they appear darker as if water logged. I guess I'll start cutting there. The babies are probably ruined, but hopefully I can save the rest. It was on my porch for probably 8-10 hours in the freezing temps. That would be my luck, the ONE day where it's been the coldest so far!

Thanks for your reply and for welcoming my plants and I!

Link Copied to Clipboard