This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#60806 November 7th, 2006 at 01:15 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Hi,

I was cleaning up my husband's 12 year old Jade plant and watered it and sprayed the 'leaf shine' on it. I'm not sure if I over sprayed, but it looked beautiful. He also added some more soil to the plant. Now, it appears to be dying as the leaves are falling off. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

#60807 November 7th, 2006 at 04:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
could you post a pic of it??

what's the leaf shine stuff?? i've never heard of it.

he may have watered it again when adding the additional soil - may have been too much on top of what you put in.

#60808 November 8th, 2006 at 01:04 AM
S
OP Offline
S
The leaf shine is something I found at Home Depot and all the other plants I used it on, look awesome. I threw away the bottle now. I know Miracle Grow makes some, but it wasn't Miracle Grow. It makes the leaves very shiny. It is a spray that you spray on.

Also, my husband didn't water it and when I stick my finger in the soil. Only the soil down beneath the new is moist. I rinsed off the plant before I applied this spray that makes the leaves shiny. The Jade was very dusty.

I will try to post a picture when I get that figured out!! Thank you!

#60809 November 8th, 2006 at 07:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
had you used the leaf-shine stuff on the jade previously? if not, that may be what caused the leaf drop.

how moist is the soil? if it's too moist, you may have root-rot happening...

for pics, use a hosting site like photobucket.com then upload your pics to the site and you can put links to the pics in your posts. it's got a free and a pay service.

#60810 November 9th, 2006 at 05:15 AM
V
V
As a greenhouse graduate, we were taught that those "leaf-shine" products eventually do more harm than good. What happens is that the pores of the leaf become clogged. plant respiration is thru the leaves. When the stomata (pores on the leaf epidermis) are blocked the flow of gas and water exchange is not functioning. Clogging dust can do the same. What I do is gentley take a soft cloth to all my plants and wipe the leaves clean. Some do take a shower from time to time.

Also I water my Jade very little from November thru beginning March.

Vera

Link Copied to Clipboard