This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#60466 September 22nd, 2006 at 08:33 PM
OP Offline
I guess this is very similar to the problem many have with above ground radishes!

I planted turnips a few weeks ago, and shortly after they started growing, we had some heavy rains, and the plants kind of laid down on the ground. Now I have nice looking greens, and I pulled a plant up today, and it looks like the purple top developed totally above the ground, and only a small white root developed under ground. It's about as thick as my thumb.

Well, Im not planting more till the spring, but Im just curious. Will the bulbs develop with some more time, or am I just getting greens and little roots this year?

Guess Ill have to get some greens recipes. I was hoping for some turnips though!! Duh

flw

#60467 September 27th, 2006 at 06:44 AM
Sounds like what my radishes do....only better.
I'd consider ONE thumb- sized radish a success ! ters shocked

Link Copied to Clipboard