This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Your pond is looking good, Laura! thumbup

I wish my puddle was a little bigger, too. I find a great sense of peace out there when I am out feeding the fish...

Dianna

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeh Dianna mines just a puddle too! I love it though....I was just outside leveling one of the edges, and I filled it up a lot more! thumbup

Triss---here is what I found but it's not that cheap...but worth it to not mess with electric! That scares me! I might start saving up for one!

solar waterfall kit

That is pretty cool Loz!

loz

You got the spirit there with the bed..

That makes life easier when you remove the top soil.

Good luck.

dodge

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Dodge...my 16 year old nephew did most of the digging for the actual flowerbed....He was a huge help to me!! I went out there to dig and could barely get the shovel to break the ground at first. The ground was so dry from lack of rain.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They're fishing for my fishies!!!!

Just got them today, aren't they cute!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Oh Loz, those are so adorable! Great addition to the pond!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought so too! grinnnn

BTW, if it looks a little low on water it's because I bailed some water out because it's supposed to rain everyday and I don't want it overflowing... :p

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
over flowing wont hurt it you know! laugh laugh

Ooooh I love the fishing kids! I'm glad to see a picture of them for size comparison... I've been thining about ordering them too but wasnt sure of the size. Too cute!!

Things are really coming together nicely!

ahh pooh , the fishing kids are backordered now frown

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh starla, I hate when things are backordered...I ordered 2 of those flashlights you shake, and they are backordered until June!!! eek

Jiffy wavey , I know it won't hurt! thumbup Mark said I was crazy for bailing it out a bit, but I didn't want the water flowing down through the yard....we're supposed to get a ton of rain this week! :p

Loz , now after seeing your pics. my dd is asking daddy if he will buy her and mommy both a tire swing statue for our garden. Woohoo thins could be a good thing hehehe.

Cant wait to see more pictures!!

I am working on redoing my pond now too and will try to get some pictures posted soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my dd is asking daddy if he will buy her and mommy both a tire swing statue for our garden. Woohoo thins could be a good thing hehehe.
Way cool Starla! thumbup

I can't wait to see your pictures, I'll be looking for them!

#59689 June 14th, 2006 at 01:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess who is getting a 20 by 20 foot pond liner????? thumbup Mark's working on it for me....He's so looking forward to making it bigger.....And I'm excited that HE actually wants to make it bigger!

#59690 June 14th, 2006 at 02:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
His brother is bringing the rubber up here. He got it free for us from work. I'll be so excited when it's in the hole and we can fill it up! thumbup

#59691 June 14th, 2006 at 02:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YOU are a lucky woman laura! thumbup wink

#59692 June 17th, 2006 at 11:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i've been thinking about your pond laura, and i'm thinking, if you put the larger pond just below and off to the side of the one you have now, you know, kinda at the corner of where the sidewalk is, you could use the small one as the top level and then have the waterfall into the large one. does that make sense?

#59693 June 18th, 2006 at 03:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That does make sense Jiffy, but I think Mark just wants one bigger pond---we need to change the small one really because I wasn't thinking and have it pushed up right to the concrete path.......so I can't hose it down without all of the junk going straight into the pond. Wasn't thinking about that when I had Mark dig it out. :rolleyes:

#59694 June 18th, 2006 at 08:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's an updated pic....I planted Red Hot Pokers and Zinnias around the back edge....and everything in the flowerbeds is really coming along nicely. The fish are happy, and the plants in the pond are happy too! When we expand it I think we're going to keep the length of the pond as the new width and expand down into the yard away from the concrete path. I can't wait for fall so we can get it done!

Right now it's close to 5 by 3.....and about 2 feet deep.

[Linked Image]

#59695 June 18th, 2006 at 09:16 AM
Oh loz, I am speechless. I love your pond.

You know, as a thought, you COULD keep the first pond as Jiffy suggested and make a waterfall to the second bigger one. The remedy to washing stuff off the concrete into the first pond, which I am sure you hate doing (!) would be to build the little rock wall against the concrete higher. Make sense?

I am certain whatever you guys do will be splendid though 'coz look at how quickly you got this first small one going so beautifully!

I'm cheering for ya, loz. This is way too cool.

Merme

#59696 June 18th, 2006 at 09:44 AM
Very Nice Loz!!
I can see where the walk would be a problem! rain and such... And you want to see the pond...On the bigger one I would back fill a bit .. Put 2 collums of rock with the liner in between.. then the runoff will go elsewhere so you will be able to keep it cleaner!

#59697 June 18th, 2006 at 12:58 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Loz...your pond is so pretty!
...and you have so many nice plants in it and around it!

The fish are happy, and the plants in the pond are happy too!
There ya go! A pond! thumbup

#59698 June 18th, 2006 at 01:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks guys, I just took that today with my dads new digital camera I bought him. I had the umbrella palms and water hyacinths, then Donna sent me some plants...THANKS Donna! muggs I'm going to try to overwinter them I guess in a big tub.....

Here's another shot....
[Linked Image]

I have an obsession with garden statues and stuff.....

Did you guys see the snake on the rock in the other picture? Not this one, the one above...... laugh

#59699 June 18th, 2006 at 01:16 PM
loz - it is all looking sooooooo good! thumbup

I was telling Don that we are going to have to expand and make our pond deeper sometime soon. The bathtub was a good starter, but I'm ready for more action, ya know?

Don't think it will happen anytime soon, but one can always hope, right?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard