This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
I cant wait to see that filled in. Your makeing me want a pond again!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH laugh He's gonna kill me!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Awww, what the heck....go for it! Have yourself another pond! thumbup

When I first told Mark I wanted a pond he gave me one of THOSE looks! laugh laugh But then he realized I wasn't kidding. wink

Water hyacinths spread like CrAzY! My friend put them in her pond, they filled the whole thing, and then some in 1 warm month! smile BUT she said she did nothing to her water, no chemicals, and with those plants it was crystal clear all summer. A neighborhood frog even moved in. clp

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was reading in my pond book that water hyacinths are often used in sewers because they are so good at filtering.....

I told mom that if they keep spreading that she'd have to have Dad make her a pond!LOL

O
O
My mom gets Birds and Blooms magazine, and she once read in there to put a water hyacinth in your bird bath to keep it clear.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a neat idea Terry! thumbup I love Birds and Blooms, it's my favorite magazine! thumbup

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[Linked Image]

Well there it is with the pump working and everything....it's still VERY unfinished!!! As you can all see....Some of the flowers I bought yesterday got thrown in that bed for now just because it looked so empty....I'm actually waiting on some plants to come in from Michigan Bulb--then I'll probably move most of them out of there.

The far end has a lot of bulbs in it, that's why it looks so empty.....

Great job! Very pretty, and YAY I love the boy and girl on the tire swing... I saw that @ walmart the other day and was thinking of going back to get it.

Loz, That looks so nice! You and Mark have done such a quick job of it too. I am amazed each time I see it at how quickly it is coming together!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once I start a project Triss I want it finished yesterday! laugh I can't stand not having the rocks around it yet....actually I did score one big rock up at my sisters yesterday for one of the corners....If Mark doesn't have to work overtime tomorrow we're going to go riding around for rocks! I think I have the perfect place to find some free ones... thumbup

Starla, isn't that cute? That was one of the presents Mark bought me for Xmas! grinnnn

Shoot I was going to copy and past this pic, but it wouldn't let me.....So here's the link to what I bought yesterday for the pond. The nursery I went to the other day to get the water plants had a boy just like that, maybe a tad bigger for $30!!!! shk When I found these I was so excited!!!!
fishing pair

I just LOVE that one Loz. So cute! I want one!!! But I have NO pond! Well I will live through you! thumbup

Where did you get the big tea cup planters? Too cute!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I bought it at a store at our outlets called Welcome Homes....Kirklands had them last year but they aren't on the website anymore. I paid 9.99 for the 2 big ones I have.

If you look at the pic on the top of pg 2 you'll see a smaller one...I got that for $5 at Family Dollar, so if you have one locally they might have some of the small ones. thumbup

They won't stay near the pond, they're just there right now temporarily!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, remember I need more rocks---and I still need to fine tune the ones I have...get them in them pushed up a bit and more in the right spots..... thumbup The fish have barely moved out from under the plants!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Looks really good Loz!

Looking very nice, loz!
My fish hid for a long time too - don't worry.
Also... they tend to like it under the plants, where the sun doesn't beat down on them - I read in many places, that you should have at least 3/4 of the pond shaded for them.

What is the round thingy floating off to the left in the second picture?

I was able to buy some colored glass balls at Christmas tree Shops over the past few years - they were hanging in jute, like you would find in ocean shops, only a fraction of the price. I cut them out of the jute and floated them in the pond last summer - added a nice touch of color there.

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
That is veryyyyyyyyy cute Laura!!!
I love it...

I love collecting rocks at creeks, do you have any in your area????
*I have some around my cherry tree, such fond memories of when my oldest and I would go down to the creek and play in the water and bring home rocks..*

and they are nice and smooth, water worn...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you! thumbup

What is the round thingy floating off to the left in the second picture?
It's a solar light that Jiffy got for me!!! It's amber at night just like all of my solar lights!

Yep, we have a lot of creeks around here....Actually we might take a ride up around the dam next weekend to get some more.....There are lots of rocks around here and I feel like JIffy all of a sudden. She doesn't have rocks in Georgia so when she's here she looking for them, now I'm looking for them. laugh

The water hyacinths in the pond are supposed to really spread--actually they're invasive but that's okay.....so the fishies will have more hiding room eventually....They're so tiny right now!! But I saw all of them but one of the white ones a bit ago. I think I had 2 white, 2 gold, and 2 black mystery snails....I'm not kidding that was the name of them at walmart...mystery snails...so is that their name or do they just not know their name! laugh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've created a monster laugh ....no, not me! But Mark...he loves the pond but he's not happy with the size--he wishes it was 3 times bigger!!!

So we've talked about emptying it in the fall and digging a bigger pond.... thumbup

Actually we thought about digging another smaller pond near it and connecting them with a runnel. That's what my pond book calls a connecting passageway.

I can't wait for fall! wink

Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Originally posted by loz:
I've created a monster laugh ....no, not me! But Mark...he loves the pond but he's not happy with the size--he wishes it was 3 times bigger!!!
LOZ! kissies

Hmmm, I am taking bets that you are going to have a much bigger pond long before fall! Better start looking for more rocks now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He likes to go out and watch the fish!!! laugh When we made it we both really wanted it bigger but he had that size rubber and I was impatient.....I didn't think he wanted it three times bigger though! thumbup laugh

I gave him a kiss for you Cindy! wink

When you go bigger, do you think you will get a cool waterfall in the deal too?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmmm, not sure Triss but it would be cool and I did just find a solar waterfall kit. thumbup

I wouldn't want to get into messing with electricity..... sca

Me either. Where did you find a solar waterfall kit? I'd love something easy like that to make a water feature for my MIL.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard