This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#59625 April 25th, 2006 at 01:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My 16 year old nephew helped me today....it tooks us 3 hours of digging...with a milkshake break, and a few other breaks here and there....I'm so glad it's done!!!!!!

Just gotta get rid of all of that grass! laugh

Think of the endless planting possiblities I now have...all the room!!!!!!!!!

The border stuff is temporary until Mark gets the wood for it! thumbup
[Linked Image]

#59626 April 25th, 2006 at 03:09 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Wow, Loz! That is nice!

I could use that grass you dug out to fill in a big spot in my yard (where I dug all my roses up a few years ago when I moved).
You think you could fit all that in one of those flat-rate boxes and send it to me? laugh

#59627 April 26th, 2006 at 01:13 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
lol @ cindy you are such a kick I love you.

Loz that is a fantastic looking lawn btw. That is a great new bed. What all do you plan to put in it?

#59628 April 26th, 2006 at 02:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cindy! laugh Too bad you didn't live nearby you could have it all! laugh

Tammy I have 32 glads to plant in there, 12 liatris bulbs, 10 asiatic lilies, and a burning bush that I want to transplant over to that spot.

I'd also like to throw some sunflowers in there because I started way too many! laugh

Mark just mowed the lawn on Sunday so the gazillion dandelions that were there are all gone! For now anyway! laugh

Here's some pictures from the first year we moved in...taken with my old cheapo digital camera.......just so you can see more of the positioning of the flowerbed--it's right at the bottom of the stairs there. That upper back porch is my fav. spot to sit because it's elevated.....I could sit out there all day! And the spruce tree you see in the one shot is history...that's where we put in the birdhouse and flowerbed underneath.....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#59629 April 26th, 2006 at 06:43 AM
Loz, That looks awesome! All of the things you have planned for that area are going to make it so bright and cheerful!

#59630 April 26th, 2006 at 09:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Triss....I threw all kinds of things in there today temporarily.....until they get a little bigger. Then I'll move 'em out of there and put them somewhere else....

I did move my little burning bush in there too! I couldn't stand seeing it so empty.

And I got a lot of bulbs planted today in there too! thumbup

#59631 April 28th, 2006 at 04:47 AM
We need more pics ya know to see how it is coming along!

#59632 April 28th, 2006 at 12:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll have more pictures soon--I promise.....first I want to amend the soil a little, and add some mulch!!!

You know, make it pretty!!! laugh

#59633 April 28th, 2006 at 01:47 PM
Nawwwww, we need step by steps! Have to see it becoming.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll go out and take a picture today! smile

But it doesn't look too great yet!

That is ok Loz, it is a masterpiece in progress!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thumbup That's one way of thinking about it! thumbup laugh

Well, I have some mulch.....Mark went to Walmart and I told him to pick me up a few big bags of Scotts garden soil....so hopefully he'll remember!!!! Fingers crossed.

Hope so too!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, he remembered and bought me 4 bags of soil.....so I just added it, and mulched half of it.....half of the bed has bulbs in it, the other half is going to be my pond....although we have to dig out a bit more to make it bigger! thumbup

Oh how fun! That is going to look so nice once it is all done!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, here it is from this afternoon....with topsoil, manure, and mulch on the one half. Don't mind all of the junk in there, it just looked so empty. See the little green thing in the left corner...that's my baby burning bush!

[Linked Image]

Mark doing his job---I was the foreman--can you believe he was telling me here that I didn't pay him enough! laugh

[Linked Image]

Here's the sort of finished product....we still need to get rocks for around the edges....but I got my solar fountain in there, and the solar light Jiffy brought for me! thumbup

[Linked Image]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another view....sorry if you have dial up! shocked

[Linked Image]

Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
KEWL! thumbup

Are you putting fishies in it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did a good job huh? Duh

I might pull a Jiffy...instead of buying rocks I might go around looking for some! grinnnn

The solar light helps keep away fish nappers.. I know my boy broke mine and the fish were gone!!
you don't have to wait if you buy the water conditioner.
I look for rocks all the time its a more natural appearance.. thumbup good luck!

WOW Loz, I am so impressed with how fast you got that together. Looks amazing!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yesterday evening was get 'er done time! laugh thumbup

I can't wait to get some little fishies for it! thumbup

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking GREAT,Loz!

It's gonna be so pretty once the flowers start growing thumbup

That is looking great! Hubby deserves a pat on the back for all that work! I cant decide if I want a pond in this place or not. I loved mine but I was constantly fishing toys and rocks and kids out of mine. May just wait till they get a lil older and we got a huge pond on teh end of the acreage. Its an eye sore though

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you! thumbup I just added some water plants to it yesterday....some water hyacinths and something else that wasn't labeled and I forgot to ask what it was! laugh :rolleyes: laugh

Now we just need the rocks and the fish!

I'll take some more pictures soon!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard