This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#59217 November 12th, 2006 at 11:54 PM
B
Barb H. Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I'm seeing a ton of these disgusting, ugly, black bugs.

They must be some sort of beetle, but they almost look like ants, except like a Queen ant or something.

Seems like a big nest of them are in my yard...all over the place! Yuck!

They are oblong and like I said, sort of look like a fat ant, but it's not! LOL...hope this helps! Anyone have any idea what this thing is?? They are about three inches long.

LOL...I'm grossed out even asking about them...they are so icky! And I am not one to be disturbed by a bug...but there are so many...are they going to take over the world?!?! LOL!

Barb

#59218 November 13th, 2006 at 12:14 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
They are about three inches long.
sca

#59219 November 23rd, 2006 at 06:19 AM
B
Barb H. Offline OP
OP Offline
B
LOL....
They really did freak me out! Luckily, I'm only seeing carcasses! I think the cold weather killed them off! I know it wasn't likely to figure out what they were without uploading a photo..but I haven't figured out how to do that yet! LOL!

Barb

#59220 November 23rd, 2006 at 01:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well, like the old saying goes...a picture is worth a thousand words laugh

posting pics is easy...open a free account on a hosting site (i use photobucket.com) and then upload your pics to your account on the site. photobucket provides the link info - all you need to do is copy the line of info (the IMG line) and paste it into your post and you're good to go.

as to the bug. i HATE bugs...love to be out in the dirt digging; just can't stand it when i come across bugs (i always wear gloves so they never touch my skin - *shudders at the thought* )

what part of pa are you in again? (i think you told me before...can't remember where, tho). and you say there are a lot of them in your lawn? are they alive or dead?

could they be some type of crickets? some get pretty big (even more than 3 inches). they've got distinctive back legs tho - very long and bent midway. they would be dieing off (or maybe going into hibernation) at this time of year though...did that area of the lawn get dug up by something? may have distubed their hibernation burrow.

other than waterbugs/roaches, i can't think of anything that gets that big...at least not anything that would be in pa.

Link Copied to Clipboard