This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#59081 September 28th, 2006 at 06:32 AM
S
OP Offline
S
I have a pond that is in Ideal conditions (Nitrates, PH balance,alkalinity, and hardness), but i have a few fishes dying one at a time a few days apart. I started this pond about two months ago and the fish were all fine til about a week ago. The Alge level is low but I feed them once to twice a day. the weather is cooler but not dramaticly cooler and has been a constant.

Please Help.
Sleepless in Korea

#59082 September 28th, 2006 at 07:55 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Sleepless...I have a pond, and a lot of goldfish...but I have never had this problem.
BUT...there are quite a few members here who will probably be able to help you out...that know more about goldfish and ponds than I do.

Welcome to the forum! wavey
Glad you joined us!

Cindy

#59083 September 29th, 2006 at 04:04 AM
hey sleepless---i am learning as i go, my fish "somehow" thrive in algae that i seem to battle on a regular basis due to a koi that was bought by mistake at a walmart, (go figure). the rest of my fish are fantail goldfish. did you by any chance add a huge amount of water and not put a dechlorinator in with the water? that needs to be added everytime you add more than 25% of water to your pond. keep checking back, i'm sure some one else may have some input. sorry for your fish! eek

#59084 September 29th, 2006 at 08:00 AM
Hi Sleepless, How many gallons is your pond? Just wondering what changed to stress they out? It could be water, water temp. fertilizer, something prowling like a cat. I had a heron visit last year and thought I lost all my fish only to find they were hiding (the survivors that is). Another thing, I have about 25 fish and only feed them once a week and sparingly at that , have you done a amonia test? If not , you may want to. Dan

#59085 September 30th, 2006 at 01:13 AM
Hey! Sleepless,

Welcome to the this wonderful place! wavey

Can you please give a little more info about your pond?
What size pond is it?depth/width/length?
Is it liner, preform or dirt?
Did you get the fish all from the same place at the same time or did you get a few at a time?
How many fish do you have?
What kind of fish are they?
Gardencrazy flw

Link Copied to Clipboard