This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Cool... Do you think it's not good to have them planted directly into the clay pot?

I know they dry out a lot faster. So for this plant in particular, I would not use the clay. I do like clay for other plants though.

thumbup Do you rember when you started your leaves?? Was just wondering how long it took for yours. flw flw flw flw

JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Comfrey I started mine about jan. 3. About gave up on them at all.
Jimmy

Congrats on your babies Jimmy!!! good thing you didn't give up on them eh? Patience is a learned art laugh took me nearly forever to learn it.

My plan is to have so many plants that almost everyday I have something to do with them ... this way I don't get so impatient when the babies are coming up...

I wonder if a leaf is disturbed while in the soil meaning accidently removed ... and you stick it back in does this restart the time?

Depends on if you tore the roots off or not. if the roots were damaged, I would say yes. If not no. Keep in mind that some varieties take longer than others to push babies up. I started my leaves back in Nov 05. Some took longer than others to sprout mouse ears ( being winter had something to do with it, I am sure). I have plantlets from them now, but some are slow growers compared to others.

Originally posted by ShirlS:
Patience is a learned art laugh took me nearly forever to learn it.
Patience I think is the hardest part when growing things...esp things like av's. I just planted leaves and the worry is worse then having patience.
laugh laugh laugh

I am just trying to keep myself busy with other plantings so I do not worry so much about the Av's getting babies. On days I have other things to do, it works.

Originally posted by Triss:
I am just trying to keep myself busy with other plantings so I do not worry so much about the Av's getting babies. On days I have other things to do, it works.
laugh laugh laugh
My av leaves are in my seed room...where I have other stuff to do, but it doesn't keep me from thinking about them since they are right there LOL

Ok..I guess we need to form a help group called AV Worriers...where flw flw flw av's

Nawww, forget the patience thing. laugh

flw Yep Comfrey, I definately do understand what you are saying.

AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
Now you all understand why mine are in the back bedroom. grinnnn

laugh Barley!

I peek at mine every few days to check the watering situation. Aside from that I too don't bother them much. When I first planted them I went away to Hawaii for 2 weeks, so I couldn't check them every day. But when I came back, I did for about 2 weeks, check daily for babies. Nearly drove me wonky doing that grinnnn

I know!!!! especially if you've never done it before, you constantly worry if you're doing it right, or if it really is ever going to happen...

This is me waiting for my av's to grow

[Linked Image]

especially if you've never done it before, you constantly worry if you're doing it right, or if it really is ever going to happen...
Maybe that's what the problem is??? But I suspect with each batch of leaves we will still feel the same, We will just learn how to handle the waiting part.

About the pots for av's...My mom prefers plastic, but she has a bunch of hers in clay pots and has no problem....But of course she has this nice glass sun room on the front of her house where all of hers resides in this wonderful climate for them. She told me about a leaf a woman from the beauty shop gave her in December and The plant produced from that leaf is blooming right now, she says it has three flower clusters...So I offer this as evidence, that all the worry is worth the wait and patience. But some av's grow slower then others. flw flw flw flw

JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
My first born just seperated this morning.Hope it wasn't too soon.
[Linked Image] a little dark
Jimmy

Looks Good Jimmy!

I have an AV in bloom. It is called Rob's Gundaroo.
[Linked Image]

Pretty Triss! I can't wait till mine are starting to be in bloom

Very pretty Triss!!!! flw flw

clp Congratulations Jimmy on your new "Baby"!

Congrats on your new addition Jimmy! the baby looks nice and healthy!

Triss! I am jealous p Very nice Av you have there.

Guess what guys! Remember that av I was telling you about that I couldn't get to bloom well....

[Linked Image]

The others are still hiding but at least I got to see the one and the color of it flw flw

nice flower big too,I am sure you are happy!!!

Nice flower Newbie.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard