This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
That varigated one is really nice JV.

JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
All my above AV's are history trying to salvedge them Tiki my grandsons dog ate them while I was at store today. She ate them and scattered them all through the house. Muy Daughter just came got Tiki and Casey will be paying for the AV's as well as my Crown of thorns two pepper plants as well as some of my Hibiscus. When I get the money from him I will replace them at that time. Cannot beleive she ate the cactus I pulled some thorns out of her mouth if she didn't eat it she sure hid it good. I will probably step on it when I get up at night to get a drink and now shoes on.
Jimmy

Oh no Jimmy, that is not good at all. Were you able to save some of the leaves to try and start them. I am so sorry that you lost so much.

JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Yes I got some leaves they were scattered all through the house and pretty well mangled. My daughter came got Tiki she didn't want to go and cried when I put her in the car and told her by. She watched until they turned the corner. if she had not torn up everything and hadn't malled Mimi playing I would have kept her but I just can't have that I feel bad but I will never keep anyone's dog again. Feeling worse again going back to bed.
Jimmy

You rest and I will catch up with you later. Hope you are able to get some of those AV's to grow!

Oh Jimmy..what a terrible mess to come home to...I thought the crown of thorns was poisionous??? Sure hope it doesn't make the dog sick and I hope you don't step on any thorns. I woke up and found a cactus pot in the kitchen sink this morning, but was able to salvage the whole mess...I have two little kittens running wild in my house right now, so I suspect they did it.

Found a neat shelf when I was cleaning today and decided to put it to good use holding AV's. It is on the wall next to my desk and holding 6 little babies. They are just sitting in their plastic pots inside the terra cotta ones. They get all kinds of indirect light here.

[Linked Image]

AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
That looks like a great spot for them! thumbup

Thats a very cute shelf Triss! I finally told DH about my plan of having alot more av...and he just looked at me and kind of slumped his shoulders, Like oh know more plants but without speaking. laugh

Dan does not mind the plants and is actually happy I have something I enjoy doing that is not at all related to anything he or the kids do. This is my thing and while they may help me on occasion, it is my get-away.

Well mine hates house plants, but tolerates them as he knows its something that makes me happy, He does complain once in awhile, so I wanted to perpare him for more plants.

That is a good plan. I always do the same and try and make room for them before I get them.

I ordered a digi cam and will be able to post all my plants soon. However, quite a few of the av's are pretty sad, and my lovely sprouting coleus has mold. I'm feeling a little depressed today in the garden department. Any inspriration to cheer me up out there frown :rolleyes: Duh perpl ters shk nutz ??

I didn't want to start any leaves yet....But the two kittens I have in my house seen fit to force me into it early, they broke off several leaves, the stems were really short, but put them in the potting mix just in case they might make it.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Sorry you are having a bad garden day Newbie. I hope that tomorrow brings happier plants!

Looks good Comfrey.

Hi guys,

Got my digi cam today! Posted my pics of av's starts and plants as well as other plants and questions

in housplants

Photos & Q&A of my plants (Av's, Coleus, Herbs, roses & Jade)

Come check it out!

please?

JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Found my first baby this morning.
[Linked Image]
Jimmy

Cool!!! How long did those take to show?

Very exciting Jimmy!

Here's what I did today...

Took my av's that were never seperated and placed them into individual cups... Just used a seed starter tray and a couple clay pots a had cause there were so many plantlets from the 5 plants...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Can you believe how many little plants came from those guys. I even kept the couple leaves that fell off to see if the'll grow... Hope all the little guys do well....

Also noticed something kinda interesting about clay pots... when your bottom feeding plants in these it almost gives you a gage of when they are done cause as the water goes up so does a "wet" line aound the outside of the pot. Once the wet line reached the top of the soil I removed the plant... But I guess this also means I'll have to water more cause the pot seems to suck the water right up... hmmmm

And remember the clay pots will dry out a lot faster too. I use plastic liners in my clay pots. I have 6 just like those.

I got my first bloom today off the plants that Sarah gave me. It is Rob's Gundaroo
[Linked Image]

ohhh... pretty!!!! Can't wait till mine start blooming... It means they are happy... then I'll know I'm doing right! You must be proud!

I use plastic liners in my clay pots
How do you get them small enough? Doesn't the whole in the bag ten to move around, how do you get it to stay still?

I dunno where Sarah got the cups but they are like little resturant condiment cups. They fit right in the clay pots.

Doesn't the whole in the bag ten to move around, how do you get it to stay still?
I do not understand?

Oh I see, I was thinking like sandwhich bags... that's why I was thinking they'd move all around and block the drainage wholes and such... lol... does that make sense?

Yep, that makes sense.

Here is one of mine. I have them all lined with the plastic containers that do not have holes and then the plants are in the same size or smaller ones with holes.

[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard