This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#56835 September 17th, 2006 at 02:28 AM
PatC54 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi, wavey
I'm a newbie here who is in desperate need of help...I have suspicions my neighbour is poisoning my plants.
Over the past few years numerous shrubs and a tree along the boundary fence between myself and a neighbours have suddenly developed brown spots on the leaves, spreading over the days to cover the whole leaf which then goes crisp, and falls off. Within a week or so, all the leaves have turned brown and fallen off and the plant is dead...could any of you experts advise me. Thanks, any help will be appreciated. wink
I have attached a photo of my latest fatality, which is at this moment ongoing...
[Linked Image]

#56836 September 17th, 2006 at 05:01 PM
Pat, that doesn't look like a spray has done the deed. It looks fungal to me though i can't be sure. The way it starts around the leaf margin and spreads across the leaf looks like a disease. It may be worth taking a sample of a complete branch/es to an agricultural expert in your area. What types of plants are we talking about? Gather as much info , plant types etc as you can, fotos if possible and take samples from the affected plants to the Ag people.

#56837 September 18th, 2006 at 07:39 AM
PatC54 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Longy,
Thanks for your reply and your help, it's most appreciated...

This problem has got me really stumped as I have lost 4 or 5 shrubs and a young tree in the front garden, which were all very healthy and planted alongside the boundary fence. Now this one in the back garden which again is right up against the fence is going exactly the same way, again on my neighbours side.

I don't think it can be fungal, or anything in the ground, as it would not only affect "my" plants, but also the ones over the fence next door...by the way, these are all still very healthy, lush, green and producing an abundance of flowers.

It just seems strange that all of my plants have died in the same way, but next doors are untouched!!

Thanks again for your time and help...

Best regards
Pat.

#56838 September 18th, 2006 at 06:09 PM
This problem has got me really stumped as I have lost 4 or 5 shrubs and a young tree
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I've improved my drainage and really worked on my pitiful soil and have a productive fruit and vegie area and my neighbour has a dismal vegie patch on his side of the fence. I know what his soil needs (thru my own tribulations) and have, where invited, given him my opinions. I hope he doesn't blame me for his gardens' lack of vigour. Please be sure of the problem before taking it further. The world's already a mess without us gardeners adding to the fray:-0

Link Copied to Clipboard