This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#56082 October 31st, 2006 at 09:51 AM
C
OP Offline
C
I"m trying to decide whether to leave my Secret rose in its current full-sun location, or move it to a partial-shade location with about 3-4 hours per day of afternoon sun. I"ve read that Secret prefers cooler climates, or partial shade in hot climates. (My area has hot, dry summers – zone 9). I"ve read conflicting things about where to plant Secret; one person said his Secret does great in an eastern-exposure partial-shade spot, while another person said her Secret was gangly and had fewer blooms when in a partial-shade spot.

I"d like to hear other experiences with regard to how your Secret roses do in full sun or partial shade (including what your climate is), and what you would recommend. Thanks.

#56083 November 2nd, 2006 at 08:00 AM
D
D
I live on the border of zone 6 and 7 and would never consider planting any roses in part shade. That is just for my area though. CT can get quite hot in the summer. I have never grown 'Secret' but have photographed it before and it is lovely.

Link Copied to Clipboard