This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#53685 September 19th, 2006 at 12:45 AM
Gillian Offline OP
OP Offline
Because there were a couple of yellowing vines,I removed and rewove my 16 year old pathos onto its chicken wire.
It was against the same wall it has been on for the last seven years.
Longest vines were about 10-12(?) feet.
She wilted immediately. I realized that I didn't water her after rehanging her vines, but I don't remember that I ever have.
After seeing most of her branches start to wilt and die, I took her off the wire and just gently layed her branches on top of the pot.
Most all of her leaves are waxy. I don't want to torture her further by unwinding to get yellowed leaves off.
I was thinking that laying her vines on top of eachoter would strengthen her again.
If anyone has had this happen, do you have any ideas?
I feel so bad, she's been me longer than my oldest daughter!

Thanks for any help or advice.
Gillian

#53686 September 19th, 2006 at 11:11 PM
I don't have any ideas...other than maybe a watering. Give it a few days and try again. Best of luck to you and welcome to the Forum! wavey

#53687 September 19th, 2006 at 11:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's pretty long to have a plant!!

i don't know what the life-spans are for these - i think it may be nearing the end tho.

how about taking off some of the healthier pieces and rooting them to start a new plant?

also, a light feeding might help the original. is it outside or inside?

#53688 September 21st, 2006 at 01:02 AM
P
P
I've had one here in my office for about 17 years. When it has trauma like you described, it wilts and looks like it will die. It looses leaves and looks crappy. I just water it and it perks back up in a few days. In extreme cases, I've repotted it.
Good luck

#53689 September 23rd, 2006 at 07:03 AM
Gillian Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for your ideas. Pathos have a life of their own. Im letting her leaves, dead or not, stay on the stem for a couple of days - she is perking up though.
My mother in Law has one more than 20 years old.
They do go on and on.
G

Link Copied to Clipboard