This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Hello,

I'm putting in a small pond (125 gallons) and would like to make my own biofilter. I'm hoping to attach it to my existing pump.

I've found instructions for biofilters servicing big ponds, but nothing for a small pond. I realize the principle is the same, but all the ones I'm wondering if there's an easier way to make one on a small scale?

Any input or links with instructions would be greatly appreciated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
melissa, if you check out some of the posts in afgrey's posts about her ponds, one of them had detailed instructions.

Here you go Melissa. They are easy and cheap to make. Good Luck thumbup
Adam\'s filter

We want to see pictures of your pond when it is finished wink

This filtration system that Adam and his mom made up works beautifully. A really well done system at a very minimal cost. I recommend it to any home pond maker. Two thumbs up Adam!

I so agree, ceceharpo. I have used this filter in my preform for almost 6 years now and I have never had a problem with it. Adam did a great job!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey that's good, I'm bookmarking it for when we expand the pond in the spring. thumbup

Jim and I made Adam's filter on Saturday for our little puddle. It has been removing a lot of the green gunk in it. Still isn't clear, but we are working hard on it. We even went out in the dark when he got home from work today to clean the materials inside of it...

We were amazed at how simple it was to make and the amount of stuff it has already cleaned out of the puddle...

Dianna

Hi Melissa, did you ever make up a pond filter for your pond? If so, come tell us how it is, how it cleans, are you happy with it?

I am also in Canada, and would like to talk 'pond plants' with you. I find we have poor stock up here, and almost non-existent stock in the colder months, even in stores. Maybe you can give me some ideas???

Link Copied to Clipboard