I am sooo happy to have found this forum ( I feel like a kid in a candy store!!!) I have a ton of questions - so I guess I'm just going to list them and anyone can jump in to help me out! I'll probably post more this spring
when I start planting my fruit trees
5. I planted a Harry Lauder walking stick in partial shade, in my shade garden, how quick do they grow?
6. I have a ton of "love lies bleeding" seeds
, I've heard they reseed freely, can I scatter some now in the fall or should I plant
them in the spring
7. I planted an endless summer blue hydrangea this year and it didn't bloom, when/how should I prune it and will it bloom next year?
8. I ordered oriental poppies online and they came as a root in a bag of peat, should I plant
them now or wait until the spring
9. Has anyone had any luck with the following tulips spreading and blooming for more than two years: queen of the night and rembrant.
10. For each lilly of the vally I have this year, how many will I have in the spring
? Ditto on english bluebells.
11. What perennials should I use to be a companion to my giant persian alliums?
12. Will my rose
campion spread a bunch this spring
(I planted it last spring
). And will the transplanted buttercups I put with them bloom this year, or are they biennial?
13. Will verigated wigeilia tolerate some shade? How about ornamental grasses, I have a light shady area I put some in - should I move it - it's by my sum and substance hosta and I thought they would be pretty?
14. Will my ostrich ferns spread? How about ghost ferns?
Thanks in advance, I can't wait to meet all of you!!