This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#53252 September 22nd, 2006 at 02:30 AM
P
Petra Offline OP
OP Offline
P
can anyone tell me what kind of cactus this is?

[Linked Image]

#53253 September 22nd, 2006 at 07:02 AM
M
M
I have one of those, too. It's not a cactus at all, it's an aloe. I'm not sure exactly what kind, but I think (at least from the tag mine came with) that it's a aloe ferox.

Melinda

#53254 September 26th, 2006 at 09:40 PM
P
Petra Offline OP
OP Offline
P
cool! thanx for the reply laugh and you are right, it is an aloe ferox laugh

do you have any suggestions on how to take care of it? i'm in chicagoland area so i can not plant it outside. besides, it is tiny right now and sitting on my computer at work. anything i should know? i couldn't find any real information on it except that it's good for a rock garden and good for medicinal purposes... all i want to do is to grow it well and hopefully not have it grow too big, like those huge ones in the gardens...

#53255 September 27th, 2006 at 03:43 AM
M
M
I can't plant mine outside where I am either and mine's pretty small right now, too. I just have it in a small pot (~ 4 in.)potted with cacti and succulent soil. Just water when the soil is dry, and give it plenty of sunshine, and it should be happy.

It's supposed to be a tree aloe, and will get pretty big if given the room to grow and the right conditions. I think, (but could be wrong) that if you leave it in a smaller pot that it won't get as big as fast.

Hopefully someone will come along and correct me if I'm wrong. There are a lot of people who are WAY more knowledgable than I am....aloes are a new addiction for me.

Melinda

Link Copied to Clipboard