This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#53178 October 30th, 2006 at 01:15 AM
OP Offline
wavey I have two areas I want cascading bloomers I know the ice plant is one any suggestions of others??? 'really wanting perennial's. A bird bath/planter is one area and stacked stones is another area.
Thanks for any suggestions thumbup

#53179 October 30th, 2006 at 03:16 AM
Cascade petunias.........Would work..Not perennials..

Baby Blue Eyes .....

Assylum will cascage and come back.
idea

dodge

#53180 October 30th, 2006 at 03:59 AM
OP Offline
wavey Dodge!! Hey Thanks!! That's a start!

#53181 October 31st, 2006 at 07:39 AM
OP Offline
Any more suggestions for me ?? Help!?? grinnnn

#53182 October 31st, 2006 at 10:35 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
betcha I'm going to misspell this something awful. Nastrium. They will either climb or cascade depending on what's around them. But they are very aggressive so you need to be aware of that. Although an annual they reseed prolifically.

#53183 November 1st, 2006 at 07:59 AM
OP Offline
Ohhhhh Yeah Thank TK!! kissies

#53184 November 1st, 2006 at 08:06 AM
White Assylum

made a nice hanging basket for me last year..
Now this year it wouldn't germinate for me?/

Odd.......
It bloomed and hung clear over and the hummers loved it.

dodge

#53185 November 1st, 2006 at 08:35 AM
Naturtiums-sheesh !
A neighbor gave me a pot with no plants in it, but some soil.
I planted lilies in it, and I have lots of nasturtiums coming up in the pot now.
She has then all through her yard.
They're welcome-it's a bonus !

#53186 November 1st, 2006 at 08:53 AM
Would you say your pot runneth over?

;o)
dodge thumbup

#53187 November 1st, 2006 at 09:24 AM
Yep ! laugh

#53188 November 1st, 2006 at 09:41 AM
OP Offline
Oh wow I looked up naturtiums And they reaaaaly cascade Wow now this is something great for the bird bath.. I really Liked the baby blue eyes too,, and I already have assylum growing out front so that's three really good ones Thanks!!!!!!!!!

#53189 November 1st, 2006 at 11:09 AM
trailing/creeping lavendaer

Moss rose
http://images.google.com/images?q=moss%20rose&sourceid=mozilla-search&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N&tab=wi

Purple lantana (P)
http://images.google.com/images?q=purple%20lantana&sourceid=mozilla-search&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N&tab=wi

Creeping zinnia
http://images.google.com/images?q=creeping%20zinnia&sourceid=mozilla-search&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N&tab=wi
I grew orange ones.They can take TX heat well thats for sure.

Blackie sweet potato vine
http://images.google.com/images?q=Blackie%20sweet%20potato%20vine&sourceid=mozilla-search&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N&tab=wi
or the margarita one for lime green coloring.

I like nasturiams,But I can't grow them in the summer cause its too hot.they do good for me about now,but I never get them to set seed,plus I eat the flowers off most times too (good salad) Pentas....if you plant them shallow they will cascade over the rim of a pot.I also have 2nd petunias. I've seen a trailing daisy that creeped along the ground.I don't rember what it was.was like a grayish purple color.Maybe in my dreams it will come to me.

#53190 November 1st, 2006 at 11:11 AM
njoyit

I been afraid to eat them flowers..
You put them in salad?

dodge clp

#53191 November 1st, 2006 at 02:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the portulaca will do well...especially if the spot has lots of sun.

#53192 November 1st, 2006 at 09:35 PM
They are in a hanging basket& have a small clump in ground,but its real leggy.but the basket one yes.I put in salad has a peppery taste,or stright into mouth. If I understood iguana languange.....I bet my nephews iggy would agree.Sometimes He runs out of food for his iggy and calls me and says 'aunt hope fix my iggy some food shes haveing additude problem' Today its prickly pear,lime basil,choc mint,hibiscus flowers, a marigold flower,&goldenrod,mexican marigold,bell peppers cyanne peppers.He's in luck too.I have some persimmon ready to try her out.She loves the hibiscus flowers she drags them in her box and eats them then eats the rest of her food. I still think her additude is cause he don't handle her enough.kids don't listen....I'll just bid my time.If he screws up with her I take her over and bring her home with me.I miss my Iggy.I have to give him a break right now cause its football season He's 14.

I would choose the portuluca.I love it.i'm hopeing the seeds will self sow where they are cause I keep missing the dried pods till they get empty.Could be birds too.I love nasturiums,my iggy did too when I had her.but I have the WORST problem growing that in Texas.If I could just remove JUNE/JULY/Auguast I think I could do it.I can do it in winter,but have too keep frost off which is no big deal.Maybe if I didn't eat the flowers off i'd have seeds huh.

#53193 November 1st, 2006 at 09:44 PM
I went back to visit Issiac.Webshots changed alot.I likes.check this out.I can invite you into her world.

[Linked Image]

I would never find another iggy like her.She was 11 years old.They can live a long time.She was pretty tame which was good cause one day she decided she didn't want her house anymore.she wanted the couch,your leg or she'd go to the door and scratch.she was pretty much house broke too.

#53194 November 2nd, 2006 at 08:53 AM
OP Offline
WoW Thanks Njoynit for all the links!!!! Darn If you have a problem growing nastruim then I know I will I really Like them too! I may Give it a try tho, Thanks for sharing your Pic of Issiac... thumbup thumbup

#53195 November 2nd, 2006 at 09:14 AM
I never seen an iggy..........glad you had fun with it .11 years is a long time..
i have to settle for cows.......One dog.

do iggys make noise? You can loose them in the grass......Do you call them?

I know nothing.

dodge

#53196 November 2nd, 2006 at 10:08 PM
She';d make scratching noises at the door....at the tub,,,I only had 2 dogs then so was not bad.I'd proably have problems with the dogs with one now,but she did put the 2 I had in place.she'd smack them with her tail.puppy'd yelp...he'd sniff her again,she'd whip it.Ya know what...He got the hint.she'd whip at ballons too.we'd play sometimes,but got to buy bags of ballons.tail scales are sharp make ballon go pop.she lked red& pink the best(proably thought was rasberrys& watermelon)

ya know Di,?Even though I have hell growing them.I'm still dumb enough to think that I can grow them.I have some leggy ones that had a lil AC durring the summer cause I grew them at edge of house.I think it may have needed a grow light though.oleander shaded it out...But it GREW!!!!!!!I'm convinced that if I water the ones in JMG pot they'll recover and come back to life....maybe.My sis in TN has gorgous ones.all kinds of colors.Her cat eats them& lays in her pot of zinnias to sleep(they bloom,but are flat& hang over pot)

#53197 November 3rd, 2006 at 01:08 AM
In Texas they prefer shade......Di
TOo hot .....Up here in Pa. I had mine on the west side of the house this summer and they were fine........Bloomed too late tho, to collect seed.

Your igg must of been funny..........Would you say it was a Wacko??????ha ha
Did it have babies or not?/

dodge

#53198 November 3rd, 2006 at 12:03 PM
OP Offline
Well Then Noynit and Dodge nastruim it is.. I still want to try them the stacked rocks and bird bath planter will be in full sun I can find a place to grow the nastruim I have two great trees that give dappled sun and give morning sun .. Looking for seeds now at stores as well as baby blue eys thumbup

#53199 November 3rd, 2006 at 08:47 PM
apple blossom

I think i can find some seeds in my pouch of baby blue eyes......

Send my your addy..............

dodge
aka barb

#53200 November 4th, 2006 at 01:23 PM
Have you ever heard of Esperanza? Tecoma Stars might be its common name. Texas is a different world, but I believe it takes your heat and maybe even your sun. Not too sure on the sun part, tho.

#53201 November 7th, 2006 at 12:31 PM
OP Offline
Dodge You have been PM'D!! grinnnn Thank-you!!!

Party girl, Nope I haven't seen Esperanza, Tecoma stars But I sure will look it up thanks, All suggestions are welcomed!!!!

#53202 November 11th, 2006 at 05:21 AM
OP Offline
Originally posted by dodge:
apple blossom

I think i can find some seeds in my pouch of baby blue eyes......

Send my your addy..............

dodge
aka barb
Barb I got the seeds today thank you soooo Much!! kissies And thanks for the extra paks of perinnials seeds You will be a part of my flower garden this spring!!! thumbup grinnnn clp

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard