This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#52740 November 6th, 2006 at 10:34 PM
eClaire Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all!
I was wondering if I need to do anything special to some potted parsley I want to bring indoors. I have a raised bed with herbs in it as well, I am considering transplanting to pots to take indoors, but winter was mild here last year and everything survived, so I may just leave them outside.
Any thoughts/advise would be appreciated smile
thanks!
claire

#52741 November 6th, 2006 at 10:57 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I live north of you in Triangle Virginia. I've heard that it's suppose to be a hard winter so I took my herbs inside. The outside basil already got hit by a hard freeze here and is dead. The peppermint did a massive leaf drop about a month after I moved it indoors but now is leafing out again. I didn't plant parsley this year because I have par-cel instead. And it has also come inside just fine. About the only thing I can think of in the way of herbs that I would not bring in is rosemary. It usually doesn't do well inside. Although I have heard of a few people that are successful with it.

Lets see I have basil, chives, Oregano, sage, peppermint and pineapplemint in the house and would probably have more if I had the room.

#52742 November 7th, 2006 at 09:44 AM
eClaire Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the advise! I hadn't heard about the hard winter for us here, I would love to see some snow - we had none last year!

Link Copied to Clipboard