This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#5219 November 19th, 2004 at 11:19 PM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Buckeye Candy

2 cups creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margerine softened
3 1/4 cups powdered sugar
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels
2 Tbsp vegetable shortening

Line cookie sheet with wax paper. Beat peanut butter and butter/margarine in a large bowl til creamy. Beat in powdered sugar til mixture holds together and is moistened. Shape into 1 inch balls, place on cookie sheet and freeze for 1 hour.

Melt morsels and shortening in a medium, uncovered microwave bowl on high power for about 1 minute. Stir. Morsels may retain some of their shape. If needed, microwave an additonal 10 - 15 second intervals til melted.

Dip peanut butter balls (using a toothpick)into melted chocolate leaving a small portion of the peanut butter uncovered. Shake off excess chocolate and scrape off bottom of candy on the side of the vowl and return to cookie sheet. Refrigerate til chocolate is set. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator.

#5220 November 20th, 2004 at 02:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thank you so much, kissies i am going to try to make these for thanksgiving! (something new to my dinner!!)

#5221 November 20th, 2004 at 11:01 PM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
You are more than welcome. Anyway I can help!!!! I can't be of much help in the garden beinf such a beginner...but I know my way around a kitchen pretty darn well! I owned a bakery/cafe for 17 years and have collected cookbooks since I was a child....I HAD to thin them out last summer and sold close to 300 of them...but no fear, I still have 2-3 times that many left! I especially love the community/church cookbooks from other towns/states. I figure if I can help any of you out in the kitchen it wouldn't even begin to repay the help you have given me in the garden...and I had so much fun, can't wait til spring to do it again!!!! flw

Link Copied to Clipboard