This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#4778 November 18th, 2005 at 07:45 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Okay Jiff...here ya go!

Sweet potato Puffs

1 29oz can of sweet potatoes, drained (I use fresh baked sweet potatoes)

1/2 cup sugar
5 Tbsp butter, softened
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
8 large marshmellows
2 cups crushed cornflakes

Pre-heat oven to 350. Greas a 2 qt shallow baking dish.
Mash potatoes in a large bowl. Stir in sugar, butter & nutmeg.
Shape mixture into 8 balls. Press a marshmellow into each ball, roll each ball in cornflakes and arrange in baking dish.

Bake till lightly browned, about 15 minutes.

*fresh cooked sweet potatoes give a fluffier texture & more nutrients.

#4779 November 18th, 2005 at 09:22 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Yummmmmmmm! thumbup

#4780 November 18th, 2005 at 11:50 PM
Vanessa, I don't mean to be a dolt, but...

if I use baked sweet potatoes rather than canned ones, how many should I bake? Not that you can ever have too many baked sweet potatoes on hand, of course, but the recipe calls for 29 oz... I wouldn't want to guess wrong and then have the other ingredients in the wrong proportions for how much potato I put in the bowl. You know?

I already had one cooking disaster with Franny's potato Candy... I'm surprised Maxi still trusts me in the kitchen! But I really wouldn't want to repeat something like that! As Afgrey would say "it just isn't right".

Merme

#4781 November 19th, 2005 at 12:41 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
3 to 4 cups of baked sweet potatoes Merme....now...how many? That will depend on the size of the potatoes you bake. I just have to guest~omate. But...if you over cook on the potato portion...you can always freeze what is left.

#4782 November 20th, 2005 at 03:25 AM
Heaven's Gardener
Heaven's Gardener
I would think a couple of lbs. or so. I don't think it has to be exact. I would use the "fresh" potatoes myself. smile

#4783 November 20th, 2005 at 11:57 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
I always use fresh sweet potatoes for everything...don't guess I have ever bought a can! When they are priced low during the holidays...I buy a bunch..(a BIG bunch) bake them and freeze in zip lock bags...then I have them ready for pies, this recipe, soups or casseroles.

I was just watching Paula on the cooking channel..she made this exact recipe only she rolled hers in coconut with cinnamon & sugar mixed in it instead of the cornflakes. I have also used the sugar coated corn flakes for a more "candied" taste.

[Linked Image]

~V~

#4784 December 18th, 2005 at 01:02 PM
4 Ruddy What happened?? Sweet potatoe puffs?

I tried making the S.P.Puffs today and the mashed potatoes cames out too soft to shape Duh I boiled potatoes and let drain very well then laid onn paper towels to cool and mashed with a fork,, maybe I shouldn't have boiled??I even put in fridge for a couple of hours to make sure they were cool enough

Tomarrow I will bake if you think that makes a difference Help!! Duh

Link Copied to Clipboard