This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#47712 October 27th, 2006 at 06:27 AM
A
April07 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hubby got this cactus for me last year and I transplant it into a bigger pot as I thought the pot it was in before was too small.
Once I transplanted it, it started to look not healthy green but little yellow and very weak.
Everyday as I looked at it, I was so sad and wonder what happen to it. I took it out for bright sun in the morning and took it in door when time get dark. Nothing work but got even browner. I got shock. Then I put into a semi shade place and put new ferlizer for it and day after day as I watched it, It started to turn green back and look much healthier. I am so happy that it is still surviving.
Want to share it with you all.
Anyone know what it name,please?

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/april07_07/album/576460762332253635

#47713 October 27th, 2006 at 06:46 AM
It looks like carrion flower / Staphelia/ starfish flower.. I have a large one and have given to some on the GH and they have inturn shared it with more here! It produces fast and likes semi shade and dry out between watering and flowers often flowers are small burgandy and velvet looking Is it soft to touch?? I'm pretty sure that is what it is.....
[Linked Image]

and the flower
[Linked Image]

#47714 October 27th, 2006 at 07:38 AM
I agree with angelblossom.

#47715 October 28th, 2006 at 10:19 AM
A
April07 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Ah cool..
Thank you very much.
Hehehe... I thought it will stand up high and grow but noticed angelblossom's one that some of them running down. Thank you so much for the info, Angelblossom. If not for your cactus pic there, I would be panic when I saw mine running down one day and wondering what will be happening to it. =)
Hmm...mine doesn't seem to have a lot of new babies. Wonder how come and not much of flowers too.
Before I put it in the house and it turn out very soft and not really happy. As I putted it outside on full sun, it is not happy either till I put it in semishade and look much better. I am so glad it is safe now. Now I wish it will flowers and grow a lot and a lot of babies. =)

Link Copied to Clipboard