This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#46548 March 4th, 2006 at 11:01 AM
OP Offline
Jimmy met me and lead me into Downtown Dallas traffic Hell with a couple of near misses (crashes! sca for both of us we made it there in one piece And He safely lead me back to the main Highway that would lead me on Home what a Dear he is!! They were late opening the doors to the public so we had to stand out side for close to an hour but Jimmy kept me laughing as we watched person after person go to the doors and try to pull open ALL the Locks doors where there was a sign clearly stating Show starts at 2:00 Finally a guy approached the door and Read the sign , So he didn't try to open the doors..., Jimmy says HMMM this one can read..., Okay I guess you had to be there laugh laugh [Linked Image]

and .... [Linked Image]

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
oooooooooooh~oooooooooooh....
Looks like Jimmy was having a goooood time..
Where's Dianne in those picturezzzzzzz????

OP Offline
Okay Weezie I'm getting there!!! I know I'm still trying to figure out this photo bucket thing laugh laugh kissies

So We're in now and we walk and walk and sit down and walk somemore wanting to find the gardening and houseplant section the home and furniture was basically 75% of show and they stuck the garden area WAAAY in the back

and We were seeking out Aarons Group
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
We were the only ones laughing everyone else mad because doors were locked and they can't read 4 inch sign .
[Linked Image]
Angelblossom and Aaron
[Linked Image]
Why worry about what you can't control laugh at it instead.
Jimmy

OP Offline
We walk around some more stalling for time waiting on Aarons arrival

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

We both are about ready to leave so I asked a person from Aarons group take our picture and we left him a note saying we had to go and sorry we missed him

JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
More Dallas Home and Garden
[Linked Image]
succulents.jpg" alt="[Linked Image]" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/>

Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
This is so cool! grinnnn

OP Offline
Hey There's Aaron!! [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

OP Offline
This is what i bought from Aarons Group I lost the paper that was with it but I beleive its callted the Till tri-color air plant It's about to bloom [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Angelblossom leaving note for Aaron
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Cannot remember last time I had this much fun. And even releaxed. Angelbloosom is great to be around and so much fun. Thank you Diane for going with me kissies Other wise I probably wouldn't have gone. No fun when your alone at these.
Jimmy

Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
It looks like you all had a blast! thumbup

JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Diane I noticed you never said nothing about the lady in Parrot Rescue thinking you were my daughter laugh
Jimmy

OP Offline
Sure am Glad I went and Meet Aaron and Spent some time with Jimmy Just goes to show you Great People we have one here Oh BTW this is my pitcher plant I bought the other day I've wanted one for SOOOO Long!! [Linked Image]

more cactus and succulents from show
[Linked Image]

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
oh my goshhhhhhhhhhhhh, this IS SO COOLLLLLLLL!!

THANK~YOU, ALLLLLLLL 3 OF YOU, TO DO THIS..
THIS IS AWESOME!!!

Very nice to meet you Diane, and Aaron!!!

Very cool indeed!!! wavey thumbup cool

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
That's a wayyyyyyyy cool pitcher plant!!!

*What's inside the pitcher???

OP Offline
Oh Yeah Jimmy I forgot!! Jimmy stopped at the Parrot and friends rescue booth (pictured above) and after a while I moved around to another area leaving Jimmy there ... As I'm told later The Lady asked Jimmy Where'd his Daughter go,, Jimmy Asked MY Daughter?? She said yes that lady that was with you,,,Jimmy replied She's not my daughter ,, she my Friend,, The Lady said OH I thought that was your Daughter you two look like each other shk laugh

JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
It wasn't very hot. I have some here that is a lot hotter eat it on eggs alot. Also remember where I was raised we had to eat all the chili peppers we didn't sell. shk
Jimmy

Great Pictures! Looks like everyone had a good time!

OP Offline
Weezie I Fill the pitchers half way up with distilled water although it prefers rain water and it helps keep the humidity aided to plant when its evaporated it has fine hairs in it and the inside 'skin' is sticky and shouldn't ever be touched by human fingers (won't hurt us but will hurt the plant) that captures insects i.e.gnats etc and feeds upon them I have to feed it once a month it was just fed so I have time to research more I 've heard the bigger the insect say a baby fly for example is even better because they struggle to get out and it harder for them because of the weight they slide down further and futher into the 'belly' of the pitcher a carvonious plant per say
They require warm humid envoirnment and no direct light I have this one placed in my east window in spare Bdroom that is turning out to be the east loving humid warm plant room LOL! Yes this plant is tooooo cool,, this is just a smaller specie the larger pitcher plants are over the top cool!! OHHH But sooo expensive!!

WOW WOW WOW!!!

Looks like you both had a terrific time!
Nice to meet you all!

What a terrific picturelog of your fun day too!

That pitcher plant is waaaaaay cool! One of Brian's housemates collected them - he grew them in terrariums for the humidity because it was so dry in their house. He had one that he showed me that was about 1/2 the size of your's Diane, and it cost him $75 on the internet!!! Must be really nice that a 22 year old can afford to buy plants like that!

I'm so glad that you all got to meet up and have such a wonderful time. Thanks again for sharing your day with us here.

Lynne

Thanks so much for sharing! I wish I could have been there.
Is Aaron a member here?

I absolutely love all of the pics. Love the fact that you two got to spend so much time together and had such a wonderful time. Thank you both for sharing with us. I almost felt like I was there a little bit too!!!

Great Pics!!

Nice to see all your wonderful smiles.
What type of plant is that one with the purple flowers? Is it actually potted in soil or hung on the wood that is supporting it?

I forgot to ask that, Shirl - thanks!
I just loved that plant with the swirling edges too!

Great pics!!
Thanks for sharing. wavey

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard