welcome to the forum!!
in addition to what the others said (and they are right on the mark!) let the water that you're going to use for the plant
sit for at least 24 hours...so the chlorine can dissapate.
are very sensitive to chlorine and the tips of their leaves can turn brown due to not letting the water sit before using it...on the other hand, brown tips can also be caused by watering too little, too
i store water in gallon water jugs...then i always have some on hand for watering the plants
. (i've marked the containers 'plant
food' even if i don't always add the food - wouldn't want someone (especially a kid) to pour some in a glass and drink it!!)