This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#46479 September 25th, 2006 at 07:23 AM
R
Ronda Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Guess Who is asking another question. Sorry to ask ANOTHER question. I have been outside this weekend, can you tell? laugh

I just finished planting my Dwarf Re blooming Day Lilies (2 June Bug, 2 Rainbow Magic, 2 Pardon Me and 2 Bo-Beep). I ordered them from Cottage Farms. They sent field grown dormant divisions. The planting instructions said to cover with 1 inch of dirt. It was hard to get the root down deep enough and the top level with the flower bed with just a inch of dirt left over. Remember, I am a beginner and I have trouble planting plants just so so .

If the flowers are covered with to much dirt will they be okay? Will they grow okay next spring/summer?

Thanks AGAIN for the advice clp
luv
Ronda

#46480 September 25th, 2006 at 10:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a little too much dirt won't hurt them...by that i mean a little bit.

if you're talking 6 inches too much, then THAT may be a problem!! grinnnn

seriously, a little too much dirt covering won't do anything more than have them grow a little bit longer before they pop out of the soil. not a big deal at all!!

you'll have to post some pics next spring when they're all in bloom!!

#46481 September 25th, 2006 at 05:57 PM
R
Ronda Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thank You,
And I will
Ronda

Link Copied to Clipboard