This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#46433 November 1st, 2006 at 11:32 AM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
I grew some CM seed last year over the winter.I started it about now last year& its been growing fine since it lost its tag.I figured out yesterday what it was I was growing in the 4 inch round pot.NOW I'm trying to decide about what to do now.They are not that tall (plus is like a gob of seeds tossed in and what grew ...it grew about 4-6 inches tall) so Do I move the mass to a larger pot?or divide them up and re pot in 4 inch pots.I'm mild winterwise so don't have to worry protection wise too much.These are collected from the tall type variety& they are pink.A nice bright pink.

#46434 November 1st, 2006 at 11:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i'd divide them up how you want them and put them back in 4 inch pots. then should be this time next year, you can set them out.

#46435 November 12th, 2006 at 12:49 AM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
okay that sounds good.I figure I'll start some more seeds in WS again too.I'll proably do multiple seedlings for the multi stemed effect.you think starting them this way will have them eventually forming more stems in later years?I'm thinking of potting as 3-4 stems.I grabbed a handfull of seeds off the PO CM and they are a lighter pink& grew the same way till they chopped them back to 2 ft last fall(They we're so pretty too)Southern Liveing had an article on the CM one year& they mentioned was very easy to grow from seed.I guess they we're right.
THANKS!

Link Copied to Clipboard