This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#4594 September 26th, 2005 at 10:17 AM
LMT Offline OP
OP Offline
Chicken on the grill (works for taters too).

The basics: Olive oil, lemon juice (juice from real lemons), garlic and whatever spices/herbs you want!

The way it usually works. Fire up the coals. Clean the taters, fork'm (poke holes). Put them on the grill and start painting them with the oil/juice/spice mix. Once they're starting to cook you add the chicken. Paint'm with the mix. It's best to cook with a beer in hand 'cause the olive oil tends to flair. Check'm, paint'm. turn'm, paint'm. Keep painting the oil/juice/spice mix onto the taters and chicken.

When done, you have melt away tender chicken and whole taters that need no help. Perfect the way they are; no butter, no cream ... perfect.

Corn? Soak them in the sink with the husk, salt heavily and steam them in the husk on the grill.

Garlic bread? Good Italian or French bread with raw galic, hot peppers and olive oil. Only toast one side.

Desert? Apples ...

#4595 September 30th, 2005 at 05:13 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Heyyyyyyyyyyyy, What time's dinner???
Sounds YUMMMMMMMMMY!

But outta curiousity,
Once they're starting to cook you add the chicken
What kinda chicken?
Boneless/Skinless?
Chunked up already,
precooked, raw???????

#4596 September 30th, 2005 at 07:09 AM
LMT Offline OP
OP Offline
Cut up. You can do a whole chicken but it takes longer then the potatoes so you'd need to start the chicken first. The skin, because of the oil, ends up being very crisp kind of bacon like so there isn't much fat left. You start with thawed raw chicky meat.

#4597 October 2nd, 2005 at 12:31 AM
Check this out...last time I grilled a whole marinated chicken, I used the leftovers for chicken salad. MAN! almost better than the chicken itself was. I vary my marinade all the time, but you can't beat combinations of italian dressing, soy sauce, maybe beer and/or orange juice, garlic...I love to experiment. I may try LMT's recipe tonight, though. I can just imagine how tender that lemon juice would make the chicken, and without having to soak in marinade ahead of time.

#4598 October 6th, 2005 at 03:39 PM
LMT Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by peppereater:
Check this out...last time I grilled a whole marinated chicken, I used the leftovers for chicken salad. MAN! almost better than the chicken itself was. I vary my marinade all the time, but you can't beat combinations of italian dressing, soy sauce, maybe beer and/or orange juice, garlic...I love to experiment. I may try LMT's recipe tonight, though. I can just imagine how tender that lemon juice would make the chicken, and without having to soak in marinade ahead of time.
Citrus; lemon, lime, orange ... is a meat tenderizer. I just prefer lemon. A good italian dressing would work, I just think fresh and natural is the way to go. No MSG for me please.

Link Copied to Clipboard