This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#44635 October 6th, 2006 at 01:41 PM
A
April07 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I would love to have my very own Kaffir Lime..
Just wonder if anyone know if do cutting from the adult tree and then try to grow it. Will it work?
If it can, how do we cut it?

Thanks in advance.

Hi April07...

i have a rather big bush of Kaffir Lime... i've never tried doing cuttings before... but if u'd like some seeds to try ..i may b able to send u some...provided the bush has some mature fruits at da moment...not sure about that tho...LOL

A
April07 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Awww nmlAlba-dc15.
that would be cool.
I been looking for it high and low.
Could I grow it by seed? How do I make them germinate.

Cool you are from Malaysia.
Really looking forwards to it.

Hi April
I know obywan59 (Terry) has a Kaffir Lime. Perhaps PM him. He might have some good information.
Good luck!
Christina

R
R
I have 3 citrus trees (ponderosa lemon, pink eureka lemon and key lime)...I've read that trying to grow citrus from seeds is difficult because the fruit doesn't come true to the mother plant (meaning you might not get a kaffir lime when planting a kaffir lime seed) and seedlings take about 7 years to bear fruit...Many Florida gardeners get grafted trees, which fruit much sooner 1-2 years and are true to the mother plant.
Hoe that helps.
Rite

A
April07 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Aww thank you Rite2U and also Christina C
Appreciate both of your help.
Sorry didn't come here for sometimes
=)

#44641 November 13th, 2006 at 09:17 PM
F
F
Hi, you can also do air -layering, it will take a couple of months to root,but it's a clone exactly as the original. Sergio

Link Copied to Clipboard