This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#44364 November 13th, 2006 at 04:04 PM
P
OP Offline
P
I have a jade plant that seems to be in trouble. The leaves are getting all wrinkley though they are not falling off. I tried watering it but to no avail. Also the colour of the leaves is not very bright green. There is a lot of new growth that is okay - the problem is only with the lower sets of leaves. Pls help. The plant is in a bright sunny spot.

#44365 November 13th, 2006 at 07:47 PM
Hi Precious

Believe it or not, it sounds like your jade plant is too wet. This is how mine have reacted when they sit in soil that has been wet or damp for a while - they really prefer to dry out between waterings.

You will probably lose those lower leaves, but you might also get new growth from the area where they fall off. If not, and the stems get too leggy for you likes, you can cut the upper portion of the stem off and replant that, after you let it callus over for a day. If you decide to do that, you would probably get new growth from the stems that remain, also. This is happening with a large jade I have right now.

Here is link to my thread about it, though mine fell off for a different reason, I do think the entire plant was also too wet at the same time.

my poor jade

Link Copied to Clipboard