This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#41824 September 16th, 2006 at 08:03 AM
OP Offline
Hi, Why do think my black eye susans are getting black spots Duh ? They have been in the same place for 4 years, the first 2 years they did well and we had to divide some out. Then this year they developed black spots and kind dried up, leaf wise. Sun is 6 hr and water is sprinkler (low flow) 40 min every other day, fertelizer is "shake n' feed" in spring and summer,zone is 6/7, soil is (was) well ammended though not recently tested. I'm not seeing insects so I'm thinking mould but its just does not seem wet enough to support that theory. Any thoughts ? Tnx , Dan

#41825 September 16th, 2006 at 05:44 PM
Dan, sounds like you might be loving your BES to death. wink Since they are a native prairie plant, they like pretty rough conditions and are drought tolerant. I would cut back on the watering and fertilizer for sure. Just water "as needed" if they begin to look droopy.

The Black Spots are just that...Black Spot which is a fungus. Pick off the effected foliage and destroy...don't put it in compost.

Link Copied to Clipboard