This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#41461 September 7th, 2006 at 01:57 AM
creg Offline OP
OP Offline
I am new to the board. I have several morning glory vines, all are blooming nicely except one that is climbing up a fence and a small tree. Tons of healthy foliage, no blooms at all. Plenty of sun exposure, healthy looking foliage, just no blooms. I read something on this site about Epson salt, would that help?

#41462 September 7th, 2006 at 05:58 AM
Hi creg! Welcome to the forum!

I've had MGs for a few years, but I've only recently heard of using Epsom salt. I had read up on it and it seems to work! I haven't tried it yet, but plan on it. My advice would be that it might be a good idea to try for the one flowerless plant...

#41463 September 7th, 2006 at 09:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
actually, epsom salts is well known to most seasoned gardeners, although some, like me, tend to forget sometimes

however, morning glories are one plant i would not use it on. they seem to better when left to their own, and feeding them can actually cause them to vine more than flower.

on a final note, i deleted the epsom salt link because while it has some good information, the information found there can also be found here.

#41464 September 9th, 2006 at 07:47 AM
creg Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you CajunMama and Jiffymouse, the questionable morning glory vine is showing some signs of buds so I think I will leave it alone. I do have another question: The vine continues to grow in length every day. Do you think it would be beneficial to cut off the new daily growth with hopes of some of the nutrition going to the appearing buds?

#41465 September 10th, 2006 at 06:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that i can't answer, but i am sure some one can. i don't usually cut mine back, but rather just "let them have their head"

Link Copied to Clipboard