This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#4135 February 26th, 2005 at 12:10 AM
W
Watcha Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Hi there

looking for any recipes for using Lungwort for respiratory / lung complaint.

Making tea with leaves, roots or flowers etc.

idea

With thanks

#4136 February 26th, 2005 at 04:38 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
For relief of coughing, sip up to three cups of lungwort tea throughout the day.

This tea may be made by soaking one or 2 teaspoons of dried lungwort in about 8 ounces of boiling water for 10-15 minutes and then straining out the solid particles.
-----------------------------------------------
For chest colds...

Anise seed (1 part)
Coltsfoot leaves (2 parts)
Lungwort (2 parts)

Steep 2 tsp. in 1/2 cup boiling water. Add this tea to 1-1/2 cups althea tea which has been prepared by soaking 1 tbsp. althea root, leaves and/or flowers in 1/2 cup cold water for 8 hours. Take the mixture with honey, in mouthful doses.

I'll have to ask my sister-in-law about this and get back to you on it.
She's a doctor/tea freak/herbal medicine encyclopedia.
(She might be smarter than me, but I have a much better personality) laugh
She always gives me a dose of some herbal stuff out of her backpack every time she comes over...just asks me what my problems are at the moment, then digs into the backpack and tells me to open my mouth and close my eyes. sca Then, she dumps a vial of some stuff she's mixed up into my mouth. (I'm obviously a very trusting person!)
I always feel better after she leaves...
...but that's probably because she takes my freaky brother with her.

Cindy

Link Copied to Clipboard