This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#41049 May 8th, 2005 at 01:47 AM
OP Offline
wavey Anyone gab ever planted it before? I put a few in last year and they are popping up all over :p . I hope I did the right thing?

BFVISION

#41050 May 8th, 2005 at 02:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i don't know about the "right" thing, but you will have them everywhere forever more now. but they are beautiful, and they aren't as allergenic as they used to be reported to be, so, you probably did good thumbup

#41051 May 8th, 2005 at 03:22 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I hope you did too. I am sensitive to them and get the stuffy head symptom when they bloom. I don't need medication when they come up but I do usually head the other direction if possible.

#41052 May 8th, 2005 at 07:59 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
GOLDEN ROD gets blamed for peoples' allergy's..
But actually it's the RAG weed that's out at the same time, that does it to people...
I can't remember the exact science of it,
but something that the ragweed has to make you allergic, the golden rod doesn't have..

I have to admit, I'm a weed LOVER, and I love the color of it, and I let it grow...
I have a huge section of it, and it's like a cover or wall to part of my yard.. it's gorgeous color in the fall too, when there's not much blooming and NO MAINTAINENCE!!!
But it can become intrusive..as long as you keep your dirt, nice, composty like, it's very easy to pull out as it grows on under ground runners..
*however they do re~seed prolifically*
Keep an eye on it!!! thumbup flw

And there's some that are sold now, all different shaped heads...

Weezie

Link Copied to Clipboard