This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#40897 July 23rd, 2005 at 04:57 AM
R
R8chl Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I planted a Navaho thornless blackberry bush in the spring and it had been growing great. All of a sudden the leaves started turning brown around the edges and dying. I lost the whole top of the plant, then a new shoot grew out of what was left and grew huge. The whole dying thing stopped. Now it is back and was only effecting the old stem but has now started on the lower leaves of the new. I have searched everywhere and can't figure this out. None of the material or pictures I can find are even close. Help!!!

#40898 July 23rd, 2005 at 05:38 AM
R
R
Have you fertilized your plant?

The only thing that sounds familiar to your situation is fertilizer burn. Blackberries have very shallow roots & are susceptible to fertilizer burns. If you choose to fertilize, administer it at a distance of 18 inches from the drip-line of the plant.

#40899 July 23rd, 2005 at 07:18 AM
R
R8chl Offline OP
OP Offline
R
We fertilized after it started thinking it wasn't getting enough nutrients. When I planted it, though, I put MiracleGro shrub soil in the hole before I put in the bush. But it didn't start with the problem until about six to eight weeks after planting. Thanks for the tip on fertilizing, though. I didn't know that.

Link Copied to Clipboard