I've been struggling to make this area look like something other than a patch of patio stones that once held benches. I hated these ugly stones since we moved here over 10 years ago - even when the benches were on them.

[Linked Image]

Jeff and I agreed at the beginning of the week that I was to clean up that area - everything on the lot was looking messy. So I'm to do one thing at a time - he started me off by cutting the grass/weeds, and cleaning up all the garbage - all my 'working cans', which is what he calls my buckets that I throw garden waste into - all of it - outta' here!

So I worked on the patio stones on the north lot -I got Jeff to pick up the patio stones and cross them over each other to create an artistic pattern - sort of haphazard - chaos like art.

Then I went to work, clearing out the remaining spots where that awful plastic is (so the stones wouldn't sink, I guess)and placing various pots, and other 'things' there.

I re-did my artemesia square yesterday - took out the roots one by one and spread them around the square.

[Linked Image]

I also took one stone out of what I call 'point circle' around this scraggy old tree. It just looked like too much 'patio stone' there. Besides, it has a big root there - I didn't want to cut it - I don't want to chance killing one of the trees - the tree huggers around here would have a bird.

So I took that out - had one of the tenants do it; then later I got Jeff to place it on the other patterns.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

All in all, I'm happy with this arrangement - a little 'abstract art' kinda' thing - not something I normally do, but I like it.

I think as I clean around it, place plants - wild growth, natch - in there, it will prove to be a nice statement I've made here.