This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#40730 May 22nd, 2005 at 08:55 PM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
my autuam sage is getting ratty looking.In the past I have not cut it back.But have read that it can be cut back and will re bloom in the late summer/fall.Its normally evergreen for me also.and gets shade.but some sun.I also have 3 stems pegged(Jan I think)

I was wondering how far others have cut theirs back& how soon after till flowered again.

AND if are any other Tx zone 8 growers that grow the autuam sages.

I did try mine in sun before.It looks a whole lot better now and bloomed alot better also.In the sun it bloomed all the time not heavy at all and the leaves keept a crispy look and color& you would have thought it dead if not for the blooms at times& didn't get much new growth either.Then it looked good all winter and almost happy.Then here came May.about July last year I moved it before I BBqd it.Its actually outgrown its spot.but its happy& I like looking at it while on the computer and watching hummers on it.

#40731 May 23rd, 2005 at 09:10 PM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
Weezie!I'm sorry it triple posted! Duh

#40732 May 26th, 2005 at 04:18 PM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
no problem njoynit.....I'll get them cleaned up when we move....right now we even have problems moving posts, deleting etc. Just keep posting away!!!
kit

Link Copied to Clipboard