This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#40691 June 21st, 2005 at 06:04 PM
OP Offline
Hi Everyone wavey
I've had my peppers in the garden for about a month now...(sweet green, yellow hot and red chilis). All the plants have peppers but the problem is they all had peppers before I put them in the garden. The peppers are growing fine but the plants are at a stamd still. Is there any way I can get my plants to grow more? I'd like to have a lot more peppers than what I see out there now. Thanx!
Christina muggs

#40692 June 22nd, 2005 at 09:28 AM
O
O
They recommend pulling the first 2 or three sweet peppers off your plants. The first fruits are always the biggest and this will give you smaller fruits, but it will increase the harvest. Also, if the plants are still rather small, it might be best to pull all the peppers off as this will allow more of the plants' energy to go into plant growth. You could lay some plastic on the ground around the peppers to warm the soil or cover with plastic milk jugs if they're still small enough, to increase the heat and stimulate more growth. (I'm assuming it's cooler there in Canada, but maybe not???) Perhaps a little side dressing of fertilizer would help stimulate some growth also.

Link Copied to Clipboard