This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#4061 June 29th, 2005 at 08:28 PM
F
OP Offline
F
Who knows, maybe this weekend, your hub (or wife- yes there are wives that like to fish- i know first hand :-) might go fishing and catch a stringer of fish! I'm sure most of you have your own special recipe or technique for frying fish. Here is a fish batter recipe that we use all the time. It's quick, easy, and the fish are so delicious!

Fish Batter

1 lb fish fillets
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt (add more if u like)
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup cold water
2 tablespoons cooking oil (shortening for deep fat frying)

Season fillets with salt- just sprinkle some salt on the fish and let sit for a while.
Combine flour, sugar, and 1/2 tsp salt. Combine egg, water, and oil; add to flour mixture. Beat smooth. Dip fish in batter. Fry for 5 minutes, or until golden brown.

#4062 July 1st, 2005 at 04:12 AM
Hi floweraddict
In England we have what we call a (chippy shop)
and we have fish and chips (fries to you). This is a tradion in England its what we order the most.
Thanks for sharing the recipe. wavey

#4063 July 1st, 2005 at 05:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ah....I miss the fish and chips so bad...and mushy peas too!!!! American fish and chips are nothing like English fish and chips....*sighs*

I still remember getting the chips all wrapped up in paper......mmmmmmm..........Geez I need to quit thinking about them, it's making me too hungry...

And just to verify what bob said, I'm a wife and I love to fish.... smile

#4064 July 1st, 2005 at 10:05 AM
F
OP Offline
F
Well, my ancestry is English (grandfather came to US, 1912), although i have never visited there. I would like visit there some day. I've heard about "fish and chips" and would love to see firsthand how good they are!

Went fishing again last evening.
I caught 3 bass (lost 3), she caught one. She caught the largest one though... eek
We fish at a secluded reservoir. There is so much vegetation and fallen trees along the water's edge- i like to wade in the water so that i can cast without getting my lure snagged. The downside is you here the snakes hit the water when they fall from the trees... laugh

#4065 July 5th, 2005 at 10:47 AM
Hi folks,

I love fish, and cook flounder or haddock for my family often.
Made Stuffed Sea Bass for Easter one year.

I don't deep fry anything so this recipe is out for me. Just had to say that I love fish!!!!

flw flw flw flw
It's still the 4th of July here in Massachusetts.
flw flw flw flw

mizzeliz

#4066 July 6th, 2005 at 10:19 AM
F
OP Offline
F
Now, i never said Crispy Fried Fish was healthy! LOL!

I love fish too. As far as seafood is concerned, i guess shrimp would be my favorite. I also like fried oysters...

Link Copied to Clipboard