This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#40617 May 12th, 2005 at 11:34 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Ok this might be a stupid question,but if a plant says "partial shade or partial sun, or can tolerate shade,where do I plant it?? I have morning sun at the front of the house until around 10:00ish full sun on the side and afternoon sun in the back around 2:00ish. So if it says partial shade does that mean it goes with the morning sun or afternoon sun?? I'm just totally confused and could use some advice.
Thanks

#40618 May 13th, 2005 at 12:16 AM
Hi wavey Pepsibear62,
Welcome!! And trust me -- that's not a stupid question... I just wrote to a nursery and asked professionals the very same thing... the answer is partial sun/partial shade means 3-4 hours of sun and full sun means 6-8 hours of sun. A plant that tolerates full shade to partial shade/sun would probably do better in a place where it gets the morning and not the afternoon sun. Being that afternoon is so much hotter. Hope this helps you decide where to put your plant. BTW--- what kind of plant is it? And-- its nice to have you here!! thumbup

Link Copied to Clipboard