This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Carly Offline OP
OP Offline
They come to mind often during the course of my puttering around on the lot - but there's two I can think of right now . . .

1) Can I take the spent flowers from the Hibiscus (we got the Jamaican kind) and dry them out for re-seeding . . .

2) Oh, what was the other question . . . I know there's a word for this thing that creeps in when we get old but I can't remember what it is - loss of memory in the space of 60 seconds? Lemme' think now - oh yeah - if I pinch the buds off the Hollyhocks, can I get new growth from it?

I'll add to these questions as I think of 'em. I already know what to do with my eczema that's cropped up from handling all those acidic items on the lot - back to the ole Bura-Sol soaks. I prick the little white bumps that come up on my fingers first.

And - is it gonna' rain, or are the people from Environment Canada having a little joke with us?

Hi Carly
1. your hibiscus seeds should come from a seed pod that developes after the bloom drops off dont pick it till it turns brown.then you can grow new hibiscus from them but you might not get the same color due to plant pollination from bees and butterflys.
2.i am not sure about your Hollyhocks i just let mine go to seeds.but seems like if you do cut off all spent flowers it might put on new blooms again just depending on how long your growing season is i guess it might be worth a try.if you do this please let me know if they rebloom.your friend in gardening.mike57

Carly Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard