This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#39456 June 29th, 2005 at 11:45 PM
F
OP Offline
F
First time on this site and I was wondering if anybody ever uses Epson Salts around their Crape Myrtles? If so, how do you use it?

Thanks

#39457 June 30th, 2005 at 01:30 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Flowers4ever,
I use Epsom Salt, but I use it for my
tomatoes...most of my veggies in the garden...

But not on the specific plant you're asking...

I am going to move your post into the
plants AND flowers SECTION..........
You'll get a better response down in that
area.

#39458 June 30th, 2005 at 02:05 AM
R
R
Epsom salts were used for some essential minerals before we had so many commercially available fertilizers. The practice has probably been handed down.

Epsom salts give plants magnesium & sulphur.

magnesium is essential for chlorophyll production. Lack will result in poor chlorophyll production & stunted plant growth.

sulphur is essential for photosynthesis. The use of sunlight to transform carbon dioxide into sugars. Also, it is an important ingredient in a plants' produced chemical resistance to pests.

Proper sulphur levels will result in better bloom & seed production.

You can use epsom salts. Or commercially available fertilizers & ammendments which will give a more complete diet for your plants and result in greater health if used on a proper schedule.

#39459 June 30th, 2005 at 08:50 PM
F
OP Offline
F
THANK YOU!!!

I also have a house in NC and there was a gentleman down there who uses Epson Salts around his crape myrtles and they were beautiful. Didn't know whether he sprinkled it around the trees or mixed it with water.

Link Copied to Clipboard