This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#38723 June 5th, 2005 at 01:58 AM
OP Offline
We've been having terrible storms; high winds, and rain. After this mornings storm, I went out to inspect the yard and found latice from around the deck had fallen over my hibiscus mad It was about 4 foot tall and now it is flat on the ground. Is there any hope for it this year? any suggestions?

We needed the rain so I'm not fussing at mother nature. I just wish she would have been gentler.

smile

#38724 June 5th, 2005 at 03:51 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
auntnene I have had this happen to my Hib's a few times I check them out good and cut off any broken limbs and brace up any that need it, You can root your brokeb piece and get anther plant like the one you have. Make sure it is protected till it can heal a little make sure it does not get so wet it will get root rot and don't let it get too dry. I always add a little epson salt to help their little roots some. I have always had good luck doing this. I have about 40 Hib's counting my seedlings. Still looking for more. Can never have too many Hibiscus or rose's. laugh
Jimmy

#38725 June 5th, 2005 at 04:15 AM
OP Offline
I can root the broken pieces? How? Do I need to root them in water or just put them in the ground?

I staked what I could but I have three good sized broken stems. I planted the seed three years ago and this is the year it has been the healthiest. I have been waiting patiently for it to bloom and now this frown

I appreciate your help on this.

( I looked at your photo's. You can send that little cocker spaniel my way smile

#38726 June 5th, 2005 at 11:30 PM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
I will pm you a link
Jimmy

Link Copied to Clipboard