This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#38387 May 23rd, 2005 at 06:02 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Hello everyone! Does anyone have any Japanese Painted Fern that they will share with me?I have seeds to share or I will pay for some of them! question: What can I plant that loves shade gets some sun but not much and that is a perennial and bears white flowers?Thank U and have a good day! Bye Rita

U
uki Offline
U
Duhhi,sorry i don't have the fern but i have lots of shade,some hostas have pretty white flowers,or hydrangia anabell grows got for me too,astilbe comes in white,tiarella(foamflower)is a little bit invasive but i love it. flw

L
OP Offline
L
Hey Uki I have to check out the hydrangia anabell? Do you know how tall it gets?I have hosta's but they bear purple flowers and since these are going to be planted in a new flower bed I think the white flower would let the hosta's stand out so good and they will come back each year?Thank you for all of the ideas! Rita

U
uki Offline
U
wavey Hi Rita,Annabell is a shrub about 1.2m,the flowers start out white(snowball)then get greenish,I cut them of in late fall and spray them golden for christmasdecorations.The Hostas name is Royal Standard 60cm.They are both tough,in spring I bent down the green branches from Annabell and put a stone on it,next spring I cut it off and have a new little shrub to transplant.Bye kit

White fernleaf bleeding heart is a great shade plant blooms from earley spring till frost & oldfashond bleeding heart comes in white it blooms for a few weeks. kit
Originally posted by ladystressout:
Hello everyone! Does anyone have any Japanese Painted Fern that they will share with me?I have seeds to share or I will pay for some of them! question: What can I plant that loves shade gets some sun but not much and that is a perennial and bears white flowers?Thank U and have a good day! Bye Rita

L
OP Offline
L
The white bleeding heart sounds nice I tried to grow the pink kind last year but it die but they are pretty so I may get some of that?Many thanks for the ideas friends bye Rita

I have Jacob's ladder as a white perennial, I love it and it's for the shade.

Remember it,s the fernleaf bleedingheart that blooms all spring summer & fall you,ll love it. kit
Originally posted by ladystressout:
The white bleeding heart sounds nice I tried to grow the pink kind last year but it die but they are pretty so I may get some of that?Many thanks for the ideas friends bye Rita

L
OP Offline
L
Tamara got to tried and see a picture of the Jacob's ladder that sounds nice? Katb the fernleaf bleeding heart that I planted is looking much better and even has a new leaf unfolded so glad it took hold bye gardening buddies Rita

T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Rita I wanted to thank you for mentioning the Japanese Painted Fern. I looked it up and fell in love with the red variety.

Link Copied to Clipboard