This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#38263 July 13th, 2005 at 09:18 AM
M
MrJ Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hello. I was given a pothos back in 2001. For a long time I didn't know what plant it was, but it was very happy with the sunlight and water I was giving it. That's almost all I know about plant care. It's been growing uninterrupted since then with one repotting, but now some of the leaves are dying off faster than the new growth. Normally I have a few leaves fade to all yellow and then everything's fine, but the current pattern is worrisome. For the past month or so I've been finding a few leaves at a time with small dark spots in a yellow area that eventually become all yellow spotted leaves (dead). Here's a picture of a recently removed leaf:
[Linked Image]

Most of the dying leaves are small to medium size and older and in different locations on the plant. Just before this I had a problem where 2 of 5 stems stopped growing leaves (the leaves were a millimeter long), although the stems continued to grow. A third stem did that for a couple leaves and then went back to normal. I cut all 3 off and put the one with leaves in a glass of water. Off-shoots are growing from all 3 cuts. The plant has sunlight, water, and food. What is my plant trying to tell me?

#38264 July 13th, 2005 at 09:29 AM
R
R
Maybe you are watering the same as you did over winter. It needs more in the heat of summer.

Maybe it needs fertilizer.

But it sounds like spider mites.

Link Copied to Clipboard