This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#37998 July 16th, 2005 at 08:35 AM
OP Offline
talk the talk and.....pick the wrong ones Duh :p .

hi all, i got i few flowers and would like to collect their seeds but most of the time can t find them i got:

cosmos
roses(i know they are bulbs but is there a way to make them grom from nothing)

petunias
evening primerose
edelweiss
crane s bill geranium
rudebekia
baby s breath
moonbeam(coreopsisverticilata)
impatients
veronica
dazler orange impatients
hemerocallis
portulaca.

so please if someone has a good site on how to collect those seeds,whit pix please,it would be apreciated so i could trade with you.

i also have morning glories but they re in ground right now so i don t think i ll be able to pick up their seeds right now,along with a few others i just planted.

thank you very much and have a good week-end!!

CCrrrazzy FFrrraaannny.

#37999 July 16th, 2005 at 09:05 AM
Hey Crazy Franny!

Here's something I found:

cosmos

With roses, you want to collect the rose 'hips' There's a lot of info out there - try searching 'propagating rose hips'

Impatiens Looks like this is a tricky one to collect - you might want to put a little baggie underneath the pod when you see it forming.

Hmm that's about all I can find tonight...I hope that's helped a little!

#38000 July 16th, 2005 at 11:43 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I have found this one very helpful. I have to look up the scientific name inorder to find the pictures but it's worth it to get such good pictures of where the seeds are located and what they look like.

http://theseedsite.co.uk/

#38001 July 16th, 2005 at 06:14 PM
I think there's an article on here somewhere. Or, maybe it's a link - I've forgotten.

Link Copied to Clipboard