This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#3777 January 22nd, 2004 at 05:03 AM
tamara Offline OP
OP Offline
Anybody out there as crazy as me when it comes to baking. I love to make everything myself from my bread, buns, sweets, BBQ sauces, salad dressings, noodles, sauces, etc..... The only thing I haven't tried yet is my own mayo. Hubby thinks I'm crazy because half the stuff takes hours to make when you can go buy it for a dollar. I LOVE to cook.

#3778 January 23rd, 2004 at 12:46 AM
Tamara, I'm with you! I LOVE to cook! luv I have lizheaemma calling me a nut all the time because I'm always making gnocchis, perogies, tortellini, ravioli, cabbage rolls, etc, etc,
Y'know, I found a recipe for mayo not that long ago. If I can remember where I found it I'll forward it along.
I also have an amazing BBQ sauce recipe, but I'm under oath not to share it. According to my father it is an ancient Chinese family recipe passed down from genration to generation. Did I happen to mention that my family is Irish??? nutz

#3779 January 23rd, 2004 at 01:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love to bake, I make bread, rolls and lots of goodies, I do all the garden produce, and have won blue ribbons for chili, bread and butter pickles and a blue ribbon and grand champion ribbon for my HOT SALSA, opps,threw my shoulder out patting myself on back!! grinnnn Phil

#3780 January 23rd, 2004 at 03:37 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hey Phil,
After you pop that shoulder back in,
can you post that HOT SALSA recipe???

Weezie

#3781 January 24th, 2004 at 02:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weezie, Yes I will post the recipe, but will have to dig it out o the box, if you don't have the recipe on here by tomorrow night, you give me Heck!!! crit

#3782 January 24th, 2004 at 04:05 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Phil,
You better believe I will!!
I love home made salsa!!
I love HOT~HOT~HOT food!!

I had to tone it down alooooooooooooooot,
since the boys were born, but, just
about everything I cook is spicey!!

We posted some stuff in a section last summer/fall
for recipes for things from your garden......

Does anyone have recipes for food from your garden??

We had a few posts in there for some salsa too.
(*Of course there's some yakkin' goin' on there too!)

Would love to hear some of those recipes....

Weezie

#3783 February 24th, 2004 at 06:29 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
HEY PHIL,
YOU DIG THAT THING OUT OF THE BOX YET?
OR DID IT "BURN IT'S WAY OUT??"

I just made chili,
over the weekend...

My father~in~law and husband like theirs
over noodles!!
I like mine with bread and butter!

Weezie

#3784 February 25th, 2004 at 06:12 AM
I think it would be fun to share our best fresh garden recipes.Even the different ways we prepare the very basics of veggies.Theres alot of regions and ethnics no doubt represented here and I'd love to have some new ideas.Maybe one week do garden lettuces, the next beans, ect.Tamara mentioned cabbage rolls and Phils salsa,I'm a big canner and would love canning recipes from anyone out there too.

#3785 February 25th, 2004 at 02:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weezie, Well lets put it like this...Although I am a "organized" feller(virgo) ters

#3786 February 25th, 2004 at 03:32 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Now I know why I like you so much Phil!!!! grinnnn wink muggs
I'll be waiting!!! wink

Weezie

#3787 February 25th, 2004 at 03:36 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Shamarion,
We started a link last summer of recipes from the garden>>>
Here's the link....
Does anyone have recipes for food from your garden??
Check them out and add one of your own,
it'll bring it back to the top of the
board and new members can add some of theirs.

Thanks!!!

Weezie

#3788 February 26th, 2004 at 03:17 AM
Thanks Weezie, I figured something like that had to have come up before. Weezie how long have you all been here and how old is this sight anyway??

#3789 February 26th, 2004 at 05:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well me and We likes ya too!! Weezie wavey grinnnn

#3790 February 26th, 2004 at 11:15 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Shamarian,

Thanks Weezie, I figured something like that had to have come up before. Weezie how long have you all been here and how old is this sight anyway??
I have been here since April last year!!
And am totally addicted to this place and the
gardeners!!! So many nice, fun, friendly people!

The site has been around way long before me,
Jiffy, Renee, Will Creed, flower, catlover,
Bess of the Piedmont, Rick, Mom54, Alankhart,
The plant Doctor, Newt, Will Creed,
floweraddict, Carol5270, Daisey, GENEG69, Gardencrazy, Muskrat, surf49, that I can think of, all have way earlier numbers than me....

Very Nice people, such fun!!!
A second home for me!!!

Weezie

And the site is older than dirt, or was it dust Bill, I forget?? I don't think it's older than the hills, and I don't think it's older than compost, but it's up there!!! wink wavey

#3791 March 11th, 2004 at 09:11 PM
M
M
wavey
I LOVE TO COOK! We have more time than money so I guess it is good that I love to cook!

I recently found a nice website, while looking for recipes for the piece of pumpkin that I bought, which has tons of veggie recipes!
http://www.justvegetablerecipes.com/
gab

The few times we do go out to eat I am always thinking, " how can I make this?" or "I can make this better than this"... :rolleyes:

I really love sharing recipe ideas with people. We have a really international group here where I work, Aussies, Brits, Japanese, Eastern European, and South African. Just about everything, really. I organized a pot luck once...and other than people coming1-2 hours late (which is REALLY bad for pot luck) it was fantastic...all the different kinds of foods! Yummmy!

One of my collegues is really good at inventing really new interesting foods. That is soooo cool. He made a sweet avacado mousse. So awsome!

wink
Amie

#3792 March 19th, 2004 at 03:16 PM
Wow, Amie!!! I love this link to the veggie and other recipes site. I'm thinking of picking up a used bread machine and so I printed out all sorts of bread recipes! I can't wait to try them!!

Anyone else like using a bread machine? I've never had one and they sound just amazing. A coworker has been telling me about them. She owns 3!!! (a family of 4) I'll be lucky to find a place in my kitchen to put one, but I just gotta try it, heh.

If any of you have a really good recipe, maybe you could post it for me to try, ok? I'll let you know when I find a machine. Any pros and cons on brands if I find several to choose from? My friend tells me she often finds them in thrift stores for only $10 and they work great still, so that is where I was thinking of starting to look, until I know if I really want to be using one or not.

Thanks for the link! muggs

#3793 March 19th, 2004 at 09:50 PM
M
M
I have never used a bread machine...but they seem wonderful. My mother had one for a time, and when I was home from college she would sometimes use it. You can set it to start making bread just before you wake up...and when you get up and go in the kitchen the smell of fresh bread is DIVINE! Nothing better. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I just use the standard bowl and oven.
My husband went to a bread making class and the teacher shuttered when a bread machine was mentioned. He, the teacher, wakes up at 3 am to make bread for the bakery he works at. muggs
Amie

#3794 March 20th, 2004 at 12:15 PM
LOL! I remember when we would visit my grandmother who was always awake before anyone else and the bread she made every day was either set out to rise or already baking by the time we'd get up. Like you said, nothing like the smell of fresh bread in the morning!

I JUST missed a bread machine at the Goodwill today! It walked out the cash register line in front of me with a young man who said he'd been haunting the thrift shops for three weeks looking for one, lol! Hope I come across one with my name on it soon--I'm really looking forward to trying it out.

Link Copied to Clipboard