This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#37679 August 2nd, 2005 at 02:32 AM
Carly Offline OP
OP Offline
While in Wasaga last week, I noticed someone had done something with more or less the same kinda' patio stone layout I had to work with.

What could have been about 15 dull stones arranged in one flat square, was made interesting by taking out the middle ones - about 9 of 'em. Then they dug a hole and bordered same hole with rocks the size of volleyballs.

What did they put in the hole? Scrap branches, etc. I thought it might have been for a fire at first, until I noticed their fire patch was a few feet to the side.

If I'm here on this lot next spring, I might keep that in mind.

I kinda' like what I've done with them now, but I liked that better.

Oh, wait'll Jeff hears he might be movin' a few of those patio stones back - hee hee!

If ya' wanna keep a man,
Keep 'im busy . . .

Who said that? Bessie Smith? Janis Joplin? No - Janis said 'don't treat one man too well'. She said a lotta' things but she's not sayin' too much these days, eh?

Oh, well - who wanted to look at an old Janis Joplin anyway.

#37680 August 2nd, 2005 at 12:57 PM
laugh laugh laugh

Love Janis (hey, ain't that the name of the show?), but not to look at!

#37681 August 3rd, 2005 at 10:25 AM
Well, I've got the Kozmic Blues (love Janis too) because you didn't take a picture. That sounds so neat. Gotta go work hard all my life time. No help from my friends.

#37682 August 4th, 2005 at 08:20 AM
Carly Offline OP
OP Offline
I look somethin' like her and when I sing my voice sounds just like hers.

Even if I sing a Patsy Cline number, I sound like Janis.

I was in 'performance' groups for a few years and started practicing on Janis. It worked out well - I'm sure Janis was getting inside me and singing - I felt chilled when I got through Ball and Chain (I did that best of all). It was like a ghost possessed me.

Link Copied to Clipboard