This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
An idea from cottage country . . .
#37679 August 2nd, 2005 at 02:32 AM
Carly Offline OP
OP Offline
While in Wasaga last week, I noticed someone had done something with more or less the same kinda' patio stone layout I had to work with.

What could have been about 15 dull stones arranged in one flat square, was made interesting by taking out the middle ones - about 9 of 'em. Then they dug a hole and bordered same hole with rocks the size of volleyballs.

What did they put in the hole? Scrap branches, etc. I thought it might have been for a fire at first, until I noticed their fire patch was a few feet to the side.

If I'm here on this lot next spring, I might keep that in mind.

I kinda' like what I've done with them now, but I liked that better.

Oh, wait'll Jeff hears he might be movin' a few of those patio stones back - hee hee!

If ya' wanna keep a man,
Keep 'im busy . . .

Who said that? Bessie Smith? Janis Joplin? No - Janis said 'don't treat one man too well'. She said a lotta' things but she's not sayin' too much these days, eh?

Oh, well - who wanted to look at an old Janis Joplin anyway.

[Linked Image]
When sorting seeds, do not whistle.
Re: An idea from cottage country . . .
#37680 August 2nd, 2005 at 12:57 PM
laugh laugh laugh

Love Janis (hey, ain't that the name of the show?), but not to look at!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#37681 August 3rd, 2005 at 10:25 AM
Well, I've got the Kozmic Blues (love Janis too) because you didn't take a picture. That sounds so neat. Gotta go work hard all my life time. No help from my friends.

#37682 August 4th, 2005 at 08:20 AM
Carly Offline OP
OP Offline
I look somethin' like her and when I sing my voice sounds just like hers.

Even if I sing a Patsy Cline number, I sound like Janis.

I was in 'performance' groups for a few years and started practicing on Janis. It worked out well - I'm sure Janis was getting inside me and singing - I felt chilled when I got through Ball and Chain (I did that best of all). It was like a ghost possessed me.

[Linked Image]
When sorting seeds, do not whistle.

Link Copied to Clipboard