This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#37627 May 20th, 2005 at 12:41 PM
T
Tulip Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Hello guys! I have a small aloe vera plant I cut back the watering because its really cold and damp here in newfoundland and it was doing really well. .until yesterday I noticed that some of the tips of the plant turned a gross brown/green color.. almost felt and looked the color of a rotten vegetable! I cut off those parts of the plant and hoped for the best.. I also moved it to less light. Any suggestings would be appreciated Duh

#37628 May 20th, 2005 at 01:41 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
More light as much as you can come up with probably. They are a succulent and like light and heat. It was probably going dormant the last time you watered it so it didn't want the water. They can go a month without being watered when they are dormant.

#37629 May 21st, 2005 at 04:05 PM
T
Tulip Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I have cut back the watering.. i only water it when the soil is completly dry.. the tips of all the plants are curling now... I have it on a table as close to a window as possible.. theres not much "light" cause its rainy and overcast here in newfie land. I have another aloe.. actually two in one pot that is not in "direct" light and it seems to be doing better.. not to sure what else to do....

#37630 May 24th, 2005 at 11:48 PM
Tulip,
Something that has helped my plants in the past is when I can't give them enough sunlight I stick them under a flourescent desk lamp. I know that there are "plant blulbs" on the market that may help as well. Here's hoping for ya!

Link Copied to Clipboard