This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#37380 June 28th, 2005 at 10:21 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
I was recently given a lovely plant my friend kept referring to as an "angel ivy" or "fairy ivy". Unfortunately, she'd thrown the tag away, so we couldn't verify that.

It has very delicate, smoothe leaves, about 1 inch long and not very wide.

Is this a real ivy? Any idea what its right name is? How to care for it?

Merme

#37381 June 29th, 2005 at 07:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Merme,

Have you got a photo or a better description? Angel is a patented brand name for some Hedera ivies. That 's the only angel ivy I know of.

#37382 July 30th, 2005 at 03:49 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Here ya go, Merme...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#37383 July 30th, 2005 at 04:51 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
As you can see from the photo in the above post, this plant has NOT done well in the past month.

It was placed on a plant stand in a corner by an East facing window that receives very filtered light.

Because of it's height in the room, it was also very hard for me to water it there.

When I noticed the leaves starting to get pale, I had someone move it for me to my kitchen which is bright and faces Southwest. Also, because of it's new location, I can attend to it better.

So I've cut off all the dead stuff that I could and gave it a good drink, but I can't say that it is looking any better yet.

Does anyone know what this plant is? And how I should be caring for it?

Oh and a HUGE THANK YOU to AFGREY for formatting the photo and posting it for me. She had so little to work with and did a spectacular job!

Merme

#37384 July 30th, 2005 at 07:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Merme,

I was going to say that it might be an Aeschynanthus, but the leaves on yours alternate along the stem rather than grow in pairs. It might be a species of Peperomia, but the stems seem a bit too thin and flexible. Hoya is another possibility, but the leaf shape isn't quite right and I don't know if the leaves on yours are leathery.

So I am stumped. Perhaps someone else has a better idea.

#37385 July 30th, 2005 at 09:01 AM
M
M
I'm kinda new to all of this but so far in my plant experience, I've nearly killed both ivy types I have and have since brought them back to somewhat vigorous health.

what kind of light do you have it in?

how much are you watering it?

#37386 July 30th, 2005 at 12:12 PM
I do think it is an ivy. Maybe it is Royal hustler ivy? What do you think?

Donna flw

#37387 July 30th, 2005 at 08:49 PM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
Donna ~

You are right: the plant in the photo of the link you posted does look very similar.

Whatever this plant really is, I'd like to save it if possible.

Merme

Link Copied to Clipboard