This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#37345 July 26th, 2005 at 12:10 AM
hinda Offline OP
OP Offline
about two months ago i put a peach pit in dirt and i watered it heavily and put it in the fridge in a plastic covered container. the dirt has stayed damp the entire time - i would checkit once in a while. now i have a thin green "stick" thing that has sprouted. could it be the peach pit actually sprouting or is it more likel ly something else thatis growing - i used dirt that i just scooped out of my garden. my gareding has not gone so well this year and i am hoping that this might be a lucky break but i have asneaky suspicion it aint. Duh shocked thanks
hinda

#37346 July 27th, 2005 at 01:56 AM
P
P
Hinda, not sure what is growing and probably can't tell until you see some leaves that can be identified. One thing you should know though is that the peach pit is as hard as a coconut shell and will take some time to soften up before the seed can sprout.

Starting Peaches from Pits can be done.

Please see this link .

Link Copied to Clipboard